The New Raith Rovers Thread

McAusland had a very successful loan spell at Brechin last season where he was used as a central midfielder and chipped in with a few goals. Ayr used him as a right back and it would seem that the Pars also deployed him in defence which baffles me.

Would have definitely taken him back at the Glebe. Is he good enough for the Championship? Probably.

Seems as though he may end up at St Johnstone :blink:

Barr looked shaky as hell the last few games of the season. In any case we could have kept Hill and Barr and punted Watson.

We also looked really solid when Barr first came into the team - I'd focus on that rather than a period whereby the manager was on way out and players heads are on the beach.

If I'm honest though, I'm slightly worried we could have the same defence again next season but happy to see how RMcK has us sorted, along with an improved midfield

If I'm honest though, I'm slightly worried we could have the same defence again next season but happy to see how RMcK has us sorted, along with an improved midfield

Agree, whilst Hill is away that back 4 still needs serious work, I hope our inability to defend set plays is worked on.

Surely we either need to punt Laidlaw or at least tie him up on a loan deal that costs us nothing. He will be 23 by the time the season starts. Other than being tall he has very little going for him keeper. Too nervy, not commanding, poor handling.

Surely we either need to punt Laidlaw or at least tie him up on a loan deal that costs us nothing. He will be 23 by the time the season starts. Other than being tall he has very little going for him keeper. Too nervy, not commanding, poor handling.

I actually think Laidlaw will make it. Why? I don't have a clue. I'd like to see us keep trying to develop him to be McGurns replacement.

Gutted about Hill. Don't see the point in Cuthburt. Happy enough with the rest of the decisions.

McAusland had a very successful loan spell at Brechin last season where he was used as a central midfielder and chipped in with a few goals. Ayr used him as a right back and it would seem that the Pars also deployed him in defence which baffles me.

Would have definitely taken him back at the Glebe. Is he good enough for the Championship? Probably.

We plated him predominantly in centre midfield, he did fill in at centre back for a few weeks though.

I'm neither here nor there with McCausland, I stopped watching us the last few weeks so I've probably missed some awful performances but he was alright in the first few weeks.

I actually think Laidlaw will make it. Why? I don't have a clue. I'd like to see us keep trying to develop him to be McGurns replacement.

Gutted about Hill. Don't see the point in Cuthburt. Happy enough with the rest of the decisions.

Agreed. The thing about Hill is being p/t he is (if nothing else) a great replacement and cheap leaving money that can be spent elsewhere. I was really surprised to see him go. Good luck Dougie.

Agree, whilst Hill is away that back 4 still needs serious work, I hope our inability to defend set plays is worked on.

Defending set pieces was an area I thought we deteriorated in when Barr came in for Hill. Whether that was just unfamiliarity or not I don't know, but we did appear to become more vulnerable.

Either way, it's something we need to work on as you say. We've never quite gotten over Mark Campbell where set pieces are concerned.

Good luck to the players released. Sad to see one or two go but new era and all that. Hopefully we get a few more decent young players in who provide some energy, drive and ambition to improve themselves and move on to better things. That should be the direction we look to go in.

We've officially signed Craig Wilson

Hope he can do for us what he done for you lads :)

My favourite Rovers right back since I've been going to Starks. Hopefully he can recapture the form he was in when he was first with us.

It's a shame for Elliot. You can tell he is a good player but injuries have affected him. That first spell between August and December 2013, he was the business. Since then he's just become a tragic figure. Hopefully he does well at his next club.