The New Raith Rovers Thread

At least Paul Watson won't have to worry about whether or not he'll be a regular now. That he seems to have worried so much about it appears to show a lack of faith in his own ability.

I'm disappointed he's away but McKinnon has made the right call in refusing to be left holding on.

Probably a forward. Someone like Scott McDonald. However, I'd like to see if Vaughan and Stewart's partnership can develop.

Actually, that would be three short arses up front. More like John Sutton.

McDonald? Sutton? :lol:

No chance. Let's get realistic here.

I'd say Nade was a 'marquee signing' for us. Was probably on a huge wage and didn't really do all that much. I'm happy with McKinnon's signings, all of them have a point to prove and will be hungry for success which is more than can be said for the majority of the squad last year.

McKinnon is in the paper today saying we are currently talking to a midfielder down in England and hope to tie the deal up next week.

He also confirms Watson's deal is off the table.

Malpas' scouting I wonder?

Malpas' scouting I wonder?

Just look for any English based midfielder who's been capped for Scotland between U-17 to U-21 and has either been at Dundee, Dundee United or Brechin at some point.

Just look for any English based midfielder who's been capped for Scotland between U-17 to U-21 and has either been at Dundee, Dundee United or Brechin at some point.

I'm going with Tapping, English born but played for Scotland youths and Alloa and Brechin

I'm going with Tapping, English born but played for Scotland youths and Alloa and Brechin

Wouldn't surprise me. A fully fit Tapping would be good but I'd certainly not moan if we're looking for someone from down south. That was one tedious thing about Murray. All the signings were players who we'd seen in Scotland before. With that said I can understand the boards reluctance with players who might be brought in from elsewhere.

I suppose there is the perception signing players from elsewhere is a risk, especially as they will likely be looking for generally higher wages than Scottish players might.

I think it does help to try something a bit different, rather than a from a fairly predictable crop. It does keep the fans interested too.

Jesus Christ, the negativity in here is frightening.

I am genuinely pleased at all of our signing so far. McKinnon is signing young boys with promise. They will have a desire to prove themselves and their is the chance they will get better. I for one am glad we are not signing the 'safe' options i.e. championship journeymen that will secure 7th spot with no chance of improvement.

Seriously, when do the Rovers sign players that on paper get the penis twitching?

I also like the top!

P.S I am not a 'happy clapper' - i wanted Murray out at the end of 2013/14 season. But C'mon folks, where is the optimism. Young hungry team... that sounds better than fox etc!

This 100%.

Not 1 player we have signed thus far has come with "LOOOOOOOOL WTF you signing that useless c**t for ?" from the previous players fans, in fact its been the exact opposite ... Most Brechin/Dundee/Dumbarton/Cowdung/Alloa fans have all had decent/good words to say about the players we have signed !

Besides, fans moan when we sign "diddys" like Nade or Conroy despite them being "bigger names", so surely we can't be moaning we are signing younger lads who will be hungry to prove then can cut it FT ... Happy with everything so far, very excited for the new season :)

Noone really knows how these guys will play in a Rovers top. They could be utter mince or world beaters, we just don't know!

Before we start criticising them lets see how they perform for us. 6 or 7 games in and they're crap, then feel free but at least give them a chance in our team.

Nobody gave Nicholl a hope in hell with his side of has beens,no hopers and young guys with hunger and something to prove, look what happened.

Raith are now my wee team due to the heavy Dundee connection.

Benedictus, wighton, toshney and McCord all Dundee lads.

Binning conroy and Nade loses you "wee team" points but I'll still keep an eye out.

Would love a Starks park away day in the cup!

Noone really knows how these guys will play in a Rovers top. They could be utter mince or world beaters, we just don't know!

Before we start criticising them lets see how they perform for us. 6 or 7 games in and they're crap, then feel free but at least give them a chance in our team.

Nobody gave Nicholl a hope in hell with his side of has beens,no hopers and young guys with hunger and something to prove, look what happened.

They lost in Munich?

at least we conceded the least amount of goals against them in the whole tournament and they did go on and win it, in my book we were the 2nd best team in the competition

Joint least :P

which, considering they also played Locomotiv Moscow, Benfica, Nottingham Forest, Barcelona & Bordeaux in the tournament; is still quite a feat!

The 200 Club is showing the ROI v Scotland game tomorrow.

All welcome and all takings (from our incredibly cheap bar) will, as always, go towards the betterment of RRFC.

Great atmosphere at the Rangers cup tie that we had on so hopefully we'll see a good amount in the club tomorrow again.