The New Raith Rovers Thread

This.

I'm still in shock about this news. Even though I've been in the Murray out camp since half way through last seasons slump..he was starting to win me over round about January but he done his best to f*ck things up again. I still cant help it feeling a bit sad and in shock about it.

But, I always thought if, Murray did end up getting the boot, that Ellis would have followed him.

I do think we'll need to get someone in soon to get the whole of the summer to rebuild.

However, I do wish Grant all the best. And hopefully see him back at Starks before too long as an opposition manager.

I think Ellis will be there unless the new manager doesn't want him, probably purely out of respect for how long he's been at the club for.

We need someone to come in, freshen it up and bring about a whole new philosophy. Just because we are a "smaller" club or have less of a budget than others shouldn't mean we sit back and accept the style we've witnessed over the past 3 years. Just look at Bournemouth tonight to see what can be achieved.

Some chaps talking about Barry Robson. I think it might not be an obvious contender, like some of the names already mentioned. As disappointing as the recent slump has been after a (relatively) successful run, we ARE a decent sized club with potential, a board which seems to be switched on and a cracking away strip. Financially healthy (unless Murrays dismissal has cost us dearly) I honestly think we'd be an attractive proposition. I hope it's opened up to see who's interested and I await developments with interest. And I'll be getting another season ticket tomorrow.

Oh dear, just back in the country in time to hear this and I'm rather sad about it even if I'm the only one.

Mind you, I have the benefit of not having had to watch us play for the past four weeks.

No, I was still relatively happy to keep him on.

I think Ellis will be there unless the new manager doesn't want him, probably purely out of respect for how long he's been at the club for.

We need someone to come in, freshen it up and bring about a whole new philosophy. Just because we are a "smaller" club or have less of a budget than others shouldn't mean we sit back and accept the style we've witnessed over the past 3 years. Just look at Bournemouth tonight to see what can be achieved.

Bournemouth are bankrolled by some oligarch and have spent plenty to get where they are.

What about Barry Wilson as well? Former Rover as well..

Former players are usually a bit of a no no, but Cameron, for me would be brilliant. Not only a legend, but still follows the club, and was there in O'Connells the night we won the Challenge Cup.

The support would get behind him straight away and the atmosphere at the start of the season would be much healthier. All ifs and buts right enough, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that would agree with this.

Got to thank the manager for his hard work in his three years at the club. A cup final success, whatever the cup is will always be remembered.

But it was time for a change and I'm happy the board have acted at this time, rather than appoint someone further into next season.

So who can we draw up as a list of potential candidates for the job?

Maurice Malpas.

Derek Adams.

Colin Cameron.

Steven Pressley.

Danny Lennon (most unlikely due to just being appointed at Alloa)

John McGlynn

Jimmy Calderwood.

Barry Smith.

Any others?

Not Cameron, not well loved by either Cowden or Berwick fans. Not McGlynn, going back is a bad mistake, Calderwood is a dinosaur, Smith and Lennon are unavailable, Pressley and Adams would be amusing - Adams is certainly a good manager, I doubt Falkirk or Coventry think much of Pressely, in both case you'd need two contracts for them and their egos.

What about Barry Wilson as well? Former Rover as well..

Former players are usually a bit of a no no, but Cameron, for me would be brilliant. Not only a legend, but still follows the club, and was there in O'Connells the night we won the Challenge Cup.

The support would get behind him straight away and the atmosphere at the start of the season would be much healthier. All ifs and buts right enough, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that would agree with this.

Shame about the entirely nondescript management career to date.

Genuinly stunned at this news thought there was no way he would leave before next season but the correct choice by the board for me.
Great guy, great player for us but sadly not a good manager. Wish him all the luck in the future maybe it will work out for him at a different club.
Do wonder like others if the McGurn thing had anything to do with it as well as the recent run as the anger among the fans on that rumour was pretty strong. Derek Adams would be interesting decent manager but a total arse from as I understand it.

There is that...of course. But was he a legend and supporter of those clubs?

I would be quite happy with Derek Adams though.

Would that make him a better coach? He got Nicholls team promoted, that's something, then quit on them and then has led Berwick to a very, very average finish in league two. No way we should be any where near Cameron.

Bournemouth are bankrolled by some oligarch and have spent plenty to get where they are.

Compared to others they are small. They have the smallest stadium in league and haven't spent millions to get where they. If you want other examples Burnley, Palace, Ipswich. Teams like Hamilton, Patrick as and St Mirren are examples of it in Scotland

Easy to understand why it's happened but I'm genuinely surprised by this decision.

Having seemingly turned it around the arse just once again fell away and the last few weeks have seen some of the poorest football of the season.

I'm not sure if he lost the players or most of them are just arrogant p***ks who gave up but Saturdays display carried no redeeming features at all.

I'm not even sure who I would want to bring in but I hope they move quickly and give someone an opportunity to start building a team.

What about Sinky ? If the footballs bad just give him the mic and we will at least get some form of entertainment ...

Sinky would be the 100-1 outsider. No managerial experience worth talking about, loose cannon with a microphone. However, he is undoubtedly a club legend. Why not! Give the man his chance. At least his post match interviews would be interesting.