The New Raith Rovers Thread

Sod wasting money on anyone else, just recall Batesy back from Sevco as cover.  

Ok so he's not as experienced as the other two and he's not yet as good a player as Bene but IMO he is good enough as he looked more than reasonable during his spell in the team last season, even when played out wide at rightback where he wasn't quite as comfortable.

What the fcuk is going on with injuries are we braking them in training or is it mis-diagnosis exactly like before when both Cuthbert and Mango had injuries that required Op's?

Sod wasting money on anyone else, just recall Batesy back from Sevco as cover.  

Ok so he's not as experienced as the other two and he's not yet as good a player as Bene but IMO he is good enough as he looked more than reasonable during his spell in the team last season, even when played out wide at rightback where he wasn't quite as comfortable.

What the fcuk is going on with injuries are we braking them in training or is it mis-diagnosis exactly like before when both Cuthbert and Mango had injuries that required Op's?

We won't recall Bates as that will more than likely see Jordan Thompson's stay end as well..

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

No, but turning up at his girlfriends flat to find another guy there, I can see how in the spur of the moment he could end up smacking the boy.  

Gallagher got into an argument with a man and left the venue. He returned later with a baseball bat and caved the guys skull in. 

I was merely highlighting that in comparison, they're completely different in terms of severity. 

I agree the incidents are of different nature and severity based on a number of different factors and indicators.

The relationship to the victim and anyone's perceived rights of possession to a woman are most definitely not among those factors. Just in case you or anyone else was suggesting otherwise.

I'd rather we let Declan Gallagher sign for some bad-egg club like Livingston tbqh.

Does seem slightly odd that we've let Bates head out, especially when we've never got any defenders on the bench these days, although I do like the look of Jordan Thompson, whose presence seems to be getting the best out of Ross Callachan.

What's Ross Perry up to....

When Davidson returns from injury he'll provide defensive cover from the bench. Five defenders won't see us through a season, mind you.

If we can get Bates back and keep Jordan Thompson, that would be great.

Incredible that Barr has been with us for three years and it would appear his only match between May and February for us will be 45 minutes of a friendly at Brechin.

Wonder if Locke will be the latest hooked into giving him a new deal when he comes back and reminds us all he's actually a great player? Murray and McKinnon fell for it...

Craig Barr only managed to pick up a small knock in the first instance as well. Guess we all knew that the writing was once again on the wall when he didn't appear again after a couple of weeks. f**k sake, though. 

I highly doubt we'll get Bates back, given that probably involve terminating Jordan Thomson's loan. Davidson can cover CB, but can't play at full back where we have no cover at all. 

Scott Robertson is no great loss tbh - I think we have better midfielders and it's an area we have options. 

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

The relationship to the victim and anyone's perceived rights of possession to a woman are most definitely not among those factors. Just in case you or anyone else was suggesting otherwise.

I don't wish to sidetrack this thread, but a court would disagree. 

I wouldn't call it "rights of possession", but the relationship between individuals and the circumstances of those relationships are particularly relevant when considering the mens rea. Emotions are powerful and potentially dangerous things, and are very important in establishing the particulars of the crime. 

I initially thought Declan McManus was the guy who'd carried out the baseball bat attack when we first signed him, purely on the basis he was called Declan and I doubted there would be another footballer called Declan. I was displeased at the signing initially because of that. 

Have to wonder if Bates will be coming back at all, he's been on the bench for the last three Gers games, seems they rate him.

They're short on numbers. If Lescott had signed he wouldn't have been on the bench on Saturday. Equally if Senderos does sign, he'll be out the squad.

They only really have Hill, Wilson and Kiernan at the moment so I'm almost disappointed Batesy hasn't got a game given the lack of quality ahead of him. He played for the u20's last night in a 1-0 defeat to St Mirren.

Every chance they like what they see and will keep him though. I don't see why they wouldn't, he's a great prospect.

It's a strange one, it's left us short in defence but then Thompson has had a very good start and we look a gazillion times better with him in the midfield. It's a gamble from Locke but then that's why we pay him the big bucks (!).

36 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I don't wish to sidetrack this thread, but a court would disagree. 

I wouldn't call it "rights of possession", but the relationship between individuals and the circumstances of those relationships are particularly relevant when considering the mens rea. Emotions are powerful and potentially dangerous things, and are very important in establishing the particulars of the crime. 

I initially thought Declan McManus was the guy who'd carried out the baseball bat attack when we first signed him, purely on the basis he was called Declan and I doubted there would be another footballer called Declan. I was displeased at the signing initially because of that. 

I don't wish to sidetrack the thread either, but I was thinking specifically of these two cases, I didn't mean to imply that as a generality.

44 minutes ago, Yoss said:

I don't wish to sidetrack the thread either, but I was thinking specifically of these two cases, I didn't mean to imply that as a generality.

Yeah, that's fair. 

Footballers, eh? A strange bunch. 

by my recollection we all took the moral high ground when Livingston re-signed Gallagher.

I would have to stick by my principles and oppose the signing, regardless of talent.

Might be a bit precious but it doesn't sit right with me.