The New Raith Rovers Thread

By the way, Paul Hartley = next Rovers manager.

I thought the same about Danny Lennon, turned out the he bypassed us - and the First Division - by actually being a little too good and a bargain.

The only time in almost 4 decades of football those two things have cropped upat the same time in Scottish Football. Who loses out? Raith Rovers!

Typical.

Edited by lzreid

I suppose it depends on how good a deal McGlynn can strike with either Jeffries or Houston but aye, I'd hope that we could sign a loan deal or two during the season.

It looks like the only deal we're striking with Jeffries is punting any half decent youth player their way. Another one away to Hearts today.

102 appearances for Livi, 2 goals (according to wiki). We already have a winger who can't score in Scott McBride!

I'm not saying he'd be an awful signing, but it's centre midfield where we really need players. I'd be happy if we signed another wide player too of course, but we lost a first team regular in Stephen Simmons and he's someone that has to be replaced. Whilst Walker can go back in the middle, we are desperately short of cover there. Indeed, we also lost Ferry who can play in two positions, as well as Kevin McBride who came in to supplement us.

I've no idea if Hamill can play in the middle, but I'll assume he can't.

Edited by Michael W

102 appearances for Livi, 2 goals (according to wiki). We already have a winger who can't score in Scott McBride!

I'm not saying he'd be an awful signing, but it's centre midfield where we really need players. I'd be happy if we signed another wide player too of course, but we lost a first team regular in Stephen Simmons and he's someone that has to be replaced. Whilst Walker can go back in the middle, we are desperately short of cover there. Indeed, we also lost Ferry who can play in two positions, as well as Kevin McBride who came in to supplement us.

I've no idea if Hamill can play in the middle, but I'll assume he can't.

According to Livi fans Hamill started as a winger and was okay, however, they moved him into the centre and some has said he has been their best player and been a revelation since moving in to a central role.

:o:huh::angry:

As he is announced as the next Alloa player manager? Hmmm.

Sorry if that looked like I was claiming some sort of insider knowledge, that was just my rambling.

I get the feeling that this coming season will go better than expected and John McGlynn will be away in the summer, whilst Paul Hartley will probably win the Third Division with Alloa. I reckon he'll jump at the chance to "have a shot at the SPL", so to speak.

Obviously that's all just nonsense, but if it comes true you'll all be like "ooh, I mind reading about this on the internet two years ago" and then I'll be like "Yeah, it was me!" and you'll be like "Nah, pretty sure it was someone else" and I'll be like "I'll prove it!" but Div will have culled this post and then I'll be like "Aw, man."

In other news, apparently we're getting a statement on the position of the Chairman today...

In other news, apparently we're getting a statement on the position of the Chairman today...

BIG DAVE MUST STAY!!! Who else will provide the masses with statements about issues pretty much everyone knows and speculates about?

Also, reading fan talk, jesus. I'm not sure why it surprises me, but a couple of posters saying they reckon Willie Dyer isn't cut out for first division level. You do have to wonder if these people are stuck expecting team which romped the league like 1992-1993 each season.

Sorry if that looked like I was claiming some sort of insider knowledge, that was just my rambling.

I get the feeling that this coming season will go better than expected and John McGlynn will be away in the summer, whilst Paul Hartley will probably win the Third Division with Alloa. I reckon he'll jump at the chance to "have a shot at the SPL", so to speak.

Obviously that's all just nonsense, but if it comes true you'll all be like "ooh, I mind reading about this on the internet two years ago" and then I'll be like "Yeah, it was me!" and you'll be like "Nah, pretty sure it was someone else" and I'll be like "I'll prove it!" but Div will have culled this post and then I'll be like "Aw, man."

and I will be like..."shut the feck up"!! Any chance you can also predict the lottery numbers? then I will be like, "cheers, your fantastic after all"!

BIG DAVE MUST STAY!!! Who else will provide the masses with statements about issues pretty much everyone knows and speculates about?

Also, reading fan talk, jesus. I'm not sure why it surprises me, but a couple of posters saying they reckon Willie Dyer isn't cut out for first division level. You do have to wonder if these people are stuck expecting team which romped the league like 1992-1993 each season.

Agreed. I'd say that Dyer is actually a better left-back than Ian McLeod who played there in the 92/93 vintage.

To be fair there are more reasonable posters on there as there are idiots. Its just that some people are so idiotic it seems worse than it really is. I go on alot and have learned the names to ignore.

Some people need a reality check. We are playing at first division level and will, on the whole, be stuck with first division players or worse. Something that really annoys me is when people have a go at a player for a bad corner like they did it deliberately. If a player was good enough to put every corner exactly where he wants it to go he would be playing at a higher level than us.

To be fair there are more reasonable posters on there as there are idiots. Its just that some people are so idiotic it seems worse than it really is. I go on alot and have learned the names to ignore.

Some people need a reality check. We are playing at first division level and will, on the whole, be stuck with first division players or worse. Something that really annoys me is when people have a go at a player for a bad corner like they did it deliberately. If a player was good enough to put every corner exactly where he wants it to go he would be playing at a higher level than us.

In a similar vein, I despise people who bitch and moan about corners and free kicks that don't beat the first man and then 15 seconds later remind everyone how good Laurie Ellis is at attacking the near post.

c***s.

Haha! Don't know if I would have Hartley or not, but if the time did come, I'd be right on here looking for your post.....

Wullie Dyer has been a good signing in my opinion. I'd even stick my neck out and say he had a better season than craig Wilson! Not exactly brilliant but he did his job relatively well! Showed his inexperience against Alloa but that was really the only game where he was pretty awful (but the whole team were that day)

Chairmanship statement again? Interesting.

Haha! Don't know if I would have Hartley or not, but if the time did come, I'd be right on here looking for your post.....

Wullie Dyer has been a good signing in my opinion. I'd even stick my neck out and say he had a better season than craig Wilson! Not exactly brilliant but he did his job relatively well! Showed his inexperience against Alloa but that was really the only game where he was pretty awful (but the whole team were that day)

Chairmanship statement again? Interesting.

what time are we suppose to be hearing this statement? :blink:

In a similar vein, I despise people who bitch and moan about corners and free kicks that don't beat the first man and then 15 seconds later remind everyone how good Laurie Ellis is at attacking the near post.

c***s.

That's football fans in general though. If the ball isn't floated to the penalty spot it can't be a good ball in. I remember watching MOTD earlier this season and Charlie Adam played a low ball to the front post. The Everton (I think) fans all gave it "waaaay" thinking he'd duffed it only for somebody to nip in at the front post and score. I love our front post balls and Laurie's runs. Any excuse to post THAT header.

Edited by Paco