The New Raith Rovers Thread

Interesting that hearts have only given him a one year deal. They've obviously recognised the average shelf life of a hearts manager. Good luck to McGlynn, I think he'll need it....

I wish him all the best too. Spoken to him a couple of times and he came across as a decent guy. Brave man though.

All the best to John. He's brought us some fantastic memories including a turnaround to stabilise the club in the 2nd division, winning the second division title, a Scottish cup run and then a title challenge which ended with three games to go. He's had his moments, both good and bad, I can remember in his second season a lot of fans were unhappy after we'd not won a game in February with some wanting him booted, he turned it around and brought us some good success. Some of his signings weren't the greatest, but ultimately he brought in a good team built around solid workers: McGurn, Murray, Tade, Baird and Walker have all been outstanding for us by and large. His tactics may have been criticised but at the end of the day we nearly always managed to achieve progress.

Thanks John! Best of luck in the future!

Also, notice Matthew Elder saying we'll receive other non-playing forms of compensation. Hiya Jamie Walker, hiya pal! fancy a game?

Edited by rw89

Well, that'll be that then. Glad that we'll get a chance to give McGlynn an ovation at Laurie's testimonial. Thanks for everything, John.

Tough act to follow. If I were a bookie I'd have Grant Murray as favourite. No compensation. :unsure:

Well done Raith. Donald Findlay won't approve.

I think Donald Findlay might have made it clear that his view on the Rangers situation was a personal comment, and not the viiew of many Cowden fans.

Edited by bleubrazil

What are we getting in compo exactly? John was a good guy who did wonders off the field and behind the scenes few big days out on it as well so can only wish him well. I would imagine the board have a short list sorted out already.

All the best to JMcG. really gutted he's away. didn't have a chance to enjoy the glory days in the mid 90s due to being too young to appreciate everything that was going on - so the last few years have been the best ever for me supporting the rovers, and i credit almost all of that to mcglynn.

all the best john, club legend.

Shall we play the daft suggestion game and see if we can get it printed in the daily record

I hear Marvin Andrews is looking for a route into management, he feels that his faith can be translated into a dogma in the changing room that will inspire the players on. He was in talks with a conference south team but the prospect of managing his old club and elevating to them to 'the third force in Scottish football' was enough to have him applying for the Raith job. Expect to have him appointed early next week....

I've been lurking around on here for over a year, but at last I feel compelled to join in!

Like Moonhound, I missed out on the (1st) Jimmy Nic era. So, John McGlynn's time in charge of the Rovers has been the greatest period of stability and (relative) success that I've witnessed first hand. It wasn't always bonny, but there were some fantastic seasons / games / moments I'll never forget!

Like everyone else has said, I wish McGlynn nothing but the best of luck. I'm pleased that he's got a move to Hearts, they do seem to mean a lot to him. I just hope he doesn't end up as another casualty of their revolving door though :(

Personally, I hope that the board continue along the same lines as Levein / McGlynn.... Rather than someone with limited experience or one of Scottish Football's usual suspects! It seems weird to be listening out for rumours, gossip and news of potential managerial candidates - its been so long since we went through the process.

Anyway, I'm away back to lurking mode now - Cheerio!

I hear Marvin Andrews is looking for a route into management, he feels that his faith can be translated into a dogma in the changing room that will inspire the players on. He was in talks with a conference south team but the prospect of managing his old club and elevating to them to 'the third force in Scottish football' was enough to have him applying for the Raith job. Expect to have him appointed early next week....

Raiths medical bills will be slashed and the squad will remain 100% fit due to Marv also taking the role of faith healing physio

He's working hard negotiating out a deal with Kaka, citing his faith in God as a bonding ability with the Brazilian. Similarly, he's looking to pick up Jesus Navas of Sevilla.

He's working hard negotiating out a deal with Kaka, citing his faith in God as a bonding ability with the Brazilian. Similarly, he's looking to pick up Jesus Navas of Sevilla.

You've misheard, it wasn't Jesus Navas he was after, it was Jesus of Nazereth.....