The New Raith Rovers Thread

There is an article in the Courier, on line, regarding sell - out Saturday.

I'm on my phone, don't know how to link.

There's an article in the Fife Free Press as well, not online yet though, here's The Courier link I presume you're referring to:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/24298/grant-murray-calls-for-raith-rovers-fans-to-flock-to-stark-s-park-for-sell-out-saturday.html

That is fucking balls. Did we not play them in the early rounds en route to winning the trophy in 1994 though??

Thing is we are still where we were back then and they're in the bloody Premier League now!! :(

Speaking of Turnbull, is it just me or is this "Turnbull Day/Sell-out Saturday" going to fall flat on its face on Saturday? I'm quite sure we'll probably get about 100 people who support Celtic/Hearts/Dundee United or whoever at the game, and the money would be massively appreciated obviously.. but I don't really see it being a substantially bigger crowd than usual, really. I'll be surprised if we're much higher than 2000. Always the danger some tube who doesn't know of the whole thing seeing a boy in a Celtic top and lamping him too.

I'm with you, I'd be pleasantly surprised if there is more than 2,000 on Saturday.

Not really keen on fans of other clubs coming along in their teams colours.

I imagine the crowd will be 'decent', 2,500ish

I'm not too happy at the thought of a bunch of Celtic fans (or any other) sitting next to me, especially wearing their own colours.

If the club (which they won't) were to allocate a section of the ground for these guys to sit then great....

I imagine the crowd will be 'decent', 2,500ish

I'm not too happy at the thought of a bunch of Celtic fans (or any other) sitting next to me, especially wearing their own colours.

If the club (which they won't) were to allocate a section of the ground for these guys to sit then great....

I'm sure I read somewhere that they were asking fans wearing other teams top to use the away stand. Can't find the link now but I'm sure it was there somewhere.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they were asking fans wearing other teams top to use the away stand. Can't find the link now but I'm sure it was there somewhere.

That was quickly taken off the Rovers site. It'll be hard enough trying to keep fans of 4 different clubs to those playing seperated from each other, even though the reason for them being there is the same. It'll be fun keeping 5 different sections apart in the away end, though personally I'd have liked some of those Rovers"lovers" in the South stand cheering us on. As it is if the neutrals are coming to back the Rovers, how's that gonna look if(when) we score and half the away end are cheering ?

That was quickly taken off the Rovers site. It'll be hard enough trying to keep fans of 4 different clubs to those playing seperated from each other, even though the reason for them being there is the same. It'll be fun keeping 5 different sections apart in the away end, though personally I'd have liked some of those Rovers"lovers" in the South stand cheering us on. As it is if the neutrals are coming to back the Rovers, how's that gonna look if(when) we score and half the away end are cheering ?

They did say that but a while later last night the article in question miraculously disappeared!

I'm not arsed what the fans of other clubs wear as long as they come to support the Rovers... Hopefully the Rovers (and Hamilton) could put on a bit of a show which will result in these fans (particularly the local ones) being more willing to return in the near future.

If reports of a significant number travelling from the West then it's an opportunity for Accies to gain a few supporters too.

Quote, some fat twat

It could be worse, you could have a parent and child season ticket and both of you have to move.

Anyone in my seat will be swiftly telt. If necessary, I'll point them to the reserved sticker and say "Naw, move". biggrin.gif

My attempt a humour has fallen flat, my tilt was to assume that said 'fat twat' had occupied both seats.

*I will cry myself to sleep in shame*