The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

20230508_143403.thumb.jpg.97472d6a79e7c9315d61b86b693ae812.jpg

I doubt it's the same feeling as our epic title win over Falkirk, but it'll do. 

I wonder if Northampton will look to take him back next season or sign him permanently as he'll never make the grade at Fulham. 

56 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I long for the day we have another 2 or 3 like them

And then you remember they're supported by Tony Dingwall. 

I'd not have the younger fans in the Railway Stand. Far better that they're at the back of the South Stand. Logistically it worked probably be a pain in the arse. Plus, if you put them in on their own. It'll just separate the noise. 

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd not have the younger fans in the Railway Stand. Far better that they're at the back of the South Stand. Logistically it worked probably be a pain in the arse. Plus, if you put them in on their own. It'll just separate the noise. 

?????

11 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Hartlepool relegated, will that free up Jack Hamilton if we can afford him

The genius of Paul Hartley relegating 2 clubs in 1 season, how he still gets management gigs is beyond me, he’s in the yogi Hughes bracket 1 good spell at a club and he keeps getting jobs off the back of it 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

3 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

The genius of Paul Hartley relegating 2 clubs in 1 season, how he still gets management gigs is beyond me, he’s in the yogi Hughes bracket 1 good spell at a club and he keeps getting jobs off the back of it 

Helps when the Cove DOF is your father in law I suppose.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Would kill the little atmosphere there is in the South stand. Would be a right laugh against the pars tho 🤣

The simplest solution to me would be just to give them a bit more space up the back of the South Stand.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I doubt it's the same feeling as our epic title win over Falkirk, but it'll do. 

I wonder if Northampton will look to take him back next season or sign him permanently as he'll never make the grade at Fulham. 

Northampton Town fans lamenting his loss for next year, so not sure if they know something or not.

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Northampton Town fans lamenting his loss for next year, so not sure if they know something or not.

Was getting liked to St Mirren a few weeks back.

3 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I hate Paul Hartley and was delighted to see him take two clubs down. Given that he totally fucked over clubs like ourselves by signing up quite a few of the players that were realistic targets for Scottish Championship side for Hartlepool, get it up him even more. 

At Cove, he took a team that wasn't doing very well but also wasn't really in danger of going down, down into League One. They also managed to ship 5 goals or more to the opposition on five separate occasions during his tenure. Nepotism is the only reason the catastrophic failure still has a job. 

3 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

He's on loan from Livi but his contract is up next month apparantly. I can see a few clubs wanting him.

I mentioned him a few pages back. Only 22 so if Livi offer him a contract of at least equal value of what he’s currently on, whoever signs him will be due a fairly hefty development fee. This is where the Bosman is actually a little unfair on players. You saw it with Lewis Strapp at Morton last year. There’s no way bigger clubs than Morton weren’t interested in him but refused to pay the development fee, meaning he had to play another year for Morton when he could easily be off earning more dough elsewhere. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

5 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Already being considered for next season by the club. 

That's good news if the club are reconsidering. There was a Tweet a while back from them about the club looking to find them their own area of the stadium. Someone suggested the away section of the Railway Stand and they said they suggested this to the club who said it was a non starter. I'm assuming down to the fact entrance and exit from that part of the ground involves going via the back of the North Stand. No idea if there's access to the away section from round the by the home end. 

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I mentioned him a few pages back. Only 22 so if Livi offer him a contract of at least equal value of what he’s currently on, whoever signs him will be due a fairly hefty development fee. This is where the Bosman is actually a little unfair on players. You saw it with Lewis Strapp at Morton last year. There’s no way bigger clubs than Morton weren’t interested in him but refused to pay the development fee, meaning he had to play another year for Morton when he could easily be off earning more dough elsewhere. 

Will they have to pay? Jack turns 23 on 30 June, 2023, but the wording is infuriatingly vague…I think it means they would have to, but maybe someone else can read this and understand it:

SPFL Rules: F3 “Compensation shall be payable to the former Club of a Player only where the Player concerned is Registered with his new Club at or before the end of the first season in which the Player concerned reaches, will reach or shall have reached the age of 23.”

SPFL Rules: A4 “Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first League Match of a season and ending on the date of the last League Match in the same season or otherwise as determined by the Board and which excludes the close season;”

SPFL Rules: A4 “Close Season means the period of the year outside the season.”

So, as I read this, since Jack reaches 23 during the close season, the first season where he reaches 23 is next season…however, since the next season won’t have started when he turns 23 between the season, could you argue this season was the one in which he turned 23 because he turns it before the next season starts. These rules are deliberately obscure, eh?

Edited by TxRover

27 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It’s there to protect and give smaller clubs a chance when they develop their own players. 

The only occasion where it is unfair is when there’s a young player at one of the bigger clubs who quite clearly isn’t going to be given a chance and the club only offers them a contract to try and get a bit of cash that they don’t really need. Old Firm clubs are b*****ds for that at times.