The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Beachbum said:

Murray talks about maybe adding one or two CBs in the next couple of weeks.

He defo needs another one no maybes about it, and I think we need cover/competition for Liam Dick as well or someone who can play along the back 4 

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

He defo needs another one no maybes about it, and I think we need cover/competition for Liam Dick as well or someone who can play along the back 4 

Remaning "needs' would likely be just that...CB and LB (starter or coverage, we don't know for either). Ideally a flexible FB to cover both Dick and Millen would be great...especially should they also dabble at CB. There's still the wonder if IM would prefer Dick at CB if he can't get one of his "wants" at CB, and take a new LB?

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Remaning "needs' would likely be just that...CB and LB (starter or coverage, we don't know for either). Ideally a flexible FB to cover both Dick and Millen would be great...especially should they also dabble at CB. There's still the wonder if IM would prefer Dick at CB if he can't get one of his "wants" at CB, and take a new LB?

McGill more than capable at filling it at full back. Which is handy. I’d guess he might even play LB tomorrow, with Dick and Mason/Corr at CB.

4 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

Murray actually says adding 2 or 3 more players to the squad over the next couple of weeks all going well.

Murray said, "We needed to add centre halfs to our squad, we’ll try and add another one or two over the next couple of weeks."

Would’ve kept watson at county as cover, in our championship winning season albeit 4 years ago he was my personal player of the season. 

he’s lost some pace since then but was still doing us a turn in the premiership this season , he was club captain for a reason led by example and always gave 100%, should be a good signing at championship level. 

Just now, Rcfc fan said:

Would’ve kept watson at county as cover, in our championship winning season albeit 4 years ago he was my personal player of the season. 

he’s lost some pace since then but was still doing us a turn in the premiership this season , he was club captain for a reason led by example and always gave 100%, should be a good signing at championship level. 

People said the same about Berra a few years ago that he’s no pace/legs are gone and he was great for us strolled it most of the time but you don’t really need it if you’ve got the defensive awareness and being positionally correct to help that weakness and I suspect Watson will bring that 

7 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

People said the same about Berra a few years ago that he’s no pace/legs are gone and he was great for us strolled it most of the time but you don’t really need it if you’ve got the defensive awareness and being positionally correct to help that weakness and I suspect Watson will bring that 

Yeah, the key will be getting somebody, ideally under 30, with a bit more pace about them next to him and they get do the old one drops back, one closes down routine.

Edited by Enigma

12 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

I'm wondering if the 1 year deal that Dylan Corr signed was his idea or the clubs? I'm of the thinking it was his. If he's not getting a regular game he'll be offski at the end of the season.

He won't be getting a regular game at 18. 

Just now, pantene proV said:

He won't be getting a regular game at 18. 

That's what most of us thought with O'Riordan.

I'm happy with the signing of KW, I have no issues with defenders who lack pace as long as it's not all or even most of them. Berra strolled it in his season under the Bald one, he clearly wasn't so comfortable playing a very  high line under IM, my only worry would be a serving up of more of the same. Experienced defenders tend to be older and slower, IM needs to understand the trade off.

5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

That's what most of us thought with O'Riordan.

I'm happy with the signing of KW, I have no issues with defenders who lack pace as long as it's not all or even most of them. Berra strolled it in his season under the Bald one, he clearly wasn't so comfortable playing a very  high line under IM, my only worry would be a serving up of more of the same. Experienced defenders tend to be older and slower, IM needs to understand the trade off.

No, we all knew he was playing. There was no choice.