The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, pub car king said:

We won't find out anything if we don't try, yes it might blow up in faces but we gave it a go. 

It does raise an interesting point about what we do with the rest of railway stand if this is or isn't successful. Do we recommission it for supporters to sit or stand in, do we convert it into exec boxes or some other purpose. 

I can't see the  status quo of leaving it to rot as being acceptable to our new investors. 

I was looking at the layout and issues, and wondered if they perhaps won’t decide to use some of Sim’s ideas there. The south end of the railway stand is in the poorest shape, and offers the best depth for development without impacting the railway. How about tearing down the south railway stand and replacing it with community changing rooms with near direct pitch access, some toilets, maybe a viewing area to tie in with revised hospitality. It would have to be positioned so as not to block north railway stand views, but the property depth in that area allows that to be done, especially as you could use the lower pitch facing area required for hospitality pitchside seating. The SW corner still allows development without impacting potential trade/user parking.

2 minutes ago, renton said:

How far down the Spanish system is that?

4th tier. Nearly a 30000 seater stadium. Read an article this morning where he said he only signed a one year deal on the basis he belief he could kick on and get a better deal after leaving. 

Best of luck to the lad. Came across as a nice guy, and it might be he benefits from the style of play over there.

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

4th tier. Nearly a 30000 seater stadium. Read an article this morning where he said he only signed a one year deal on the basis he belief he could kick on and get a better deal after leaving. 

Best of luck to the lad. Came across as a nice guy, and it might be he benefits from the style of play over there.

Hope he does well, I agree he is better suited to European football, not surprising given his youth career and wish him well 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

I was looking at the layout and issues, and wondered if they perhaps won’t decide to use some of Sim’s ideas there. The south end of the railway stand is in the poorest shape, and offers the best depth for development without impacting the railway. How about tearing down the south railway stand and replacing it with community changing rooms with near direct pitch access, some toilets, maybe a viewing area to tie in with revised hospitality. It would have to be positioned so as not to block north railway stand views, but the property depth in that area allows that to be done, especially as you could use the lower pitch facing area required for hospitality pitchside seating. The SW corner still allows development without impacting potential trade/user parking.

The railway stand is far and away the best stand in the ground.  Fix the toilets and reinstall seats and it's done.

2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

The railway stand is far and away the best stand in the ground.  Fix the toilets and reinstall seats and it's done.

Maybe fix the roof, electrics and somewhere to eat. Very costly.

57 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Hope he does well, I agree he is better suited to European football, not surprising given his youth career and wish him well 

For those scoring at home, the calculated comparative levels are 179th for Scottish Championship and 106th for Spanish Segunda Federación. Of course, below the top 20 or so, the numbers can jump quite a bit based upon a game or two.

For a relative term, that puts the Spanish fourth level between English League One and Two…and the Scottish Championship just above the English National League. Your mileage may vary.

I do agree the European style better suits Nolan.

5 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

It's the cheapest option - and the best view of the pitch.

It may be cheaper but long term brings in little money. Hospitality boxes, changing rooms for kids and a gym will make more money for the club.

14 minutes ago, renton said:

Corr over Masson is  big call, simply based on minutes played.

Like last season we have our one attacking change. Expect Hamilton around 65 mins I guess.

I suppose you have Masson on the bench because he can play as a CB and a RB if needed for the inevitable injury we will pick up. 

19 minutes ago, renton said:

Corr over Masson is  big call, simply based on minutes played.

4 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I suppose you have Masson on the bench because he can play as a CB and a RB if needed for the inevitable injury we will pick up. 

Especially as McGill is apparently playing RB…which also means Stanton less effective at DM.

20 minutes ago, renton said:

Like last season we have our one attacking change. Expect Hamilton around 65 mins I guess.

Except we do have Mitchell there too…very quick, perhaps effective late versus a tired Bene et al.

More players on the bench than this time last season at least.  So much for summer football, utterly drenched walking up and now a massive dark cloud right over the stadium.

The Craiglea Timber sign on the North Stand not being central is annoying me far more than it should.