The New Raith Rovers Thread

48 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

No bites on “Dabs” yet though. Keep at it, Tx. 

44 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Please stop encouraging him.

Until someone comes up with something better than “Kev”, I will.

Poppy only took until the last couple of matches…

Just now, Specky Ginger said:

There's also the issue with tiles and sponsored steps in the south stand.

A fairly minor point in the grand scheme of things, but a point nonetheless.

They could all be shifted/ re done pretty easily in fairness. It's unlikely we will make the change to the north stand, which just makes the decision to have a singing section at that end of the stadium more baffling to me. Swapping dugouts and even our instance of shooting towards the home end if we win the toss just confuses me more with it. None of it is major in the grand scheme of things though. With that in mind, I do demand a 90 minute interview on raith TV explaining each and every point made in detail with the full bod. If they can also explain why tx can't just spell out dabrowski, that would be grand. 

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

If they can also explain why tx can't just spell out dabrowski, that would be grand. 

Cause it’s Dąbrowski, not Dabrowski, and both stupid iOS and Windows don’t have an easy way to make that f**king “ą”…

Just now, pub car king said:

If the young team are going to act the c**t with flares on the park etc.  It will all be very short lived and the ban hammer will come out, the club will have no choice. 

Perhaps the Singing Section is a way to make them grass on the tosser (double entendre intended)…

I don’t see the lads in that section going all “I am Spartacus” over some ejjit with a flare/smoke bomb.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Cause it’s Dąbrowski, not Dabrowski, and both stupid iOS and Windows don’t have an easy way to make that f**king “ą”…

Simply hold down on the letter “a” on an iPhone 

Edited by Offshore Rover

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Which is why there’s speculation that the home fans will be moving to the North Stand as part of some master plan. Obviously it wouldn’t be this year, which is why the “Singing Section” announcement seemed a bit surprising.

I don't think that's the case. Having a dedicated singing section in the SS would be tricky. There's a dedicated family section which would mean a no no having it near there (language etc) and anywhere else means asking umpteen season ticket punters to forego their seats the following season (if they don't want to be part of it) not to mention deciding how big a section to give to the young team. Hibs fans are already up in arms at the fact the club want to trial their singing section in another part of the ground impacting folk that don't want to be part of it. At the moment the railway stand is the only logical place and a perfect size... but, as is clearly the case, impacting the atmosphere in the SS/main stand. However part of the issue with atmosphe at Starks is being so far away from the away fans and yesterday was fantastic in the railway stand, and I won't lie, I got right into it at times. Just a pity we don't have the home end we could use as it would be much more beneficial. 

7 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

English UK keyboard on an iPhone, just changed to English US and it’s there 

IMG_3468.jpeg

Checked it out, and it still won’t offer me that choice. Even after switching to UK English keyboard…interesting.

5 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Maybe an iPad thing. I’m sure we can stick with Kev 

If he continues to play like he did yesterday then we can all settle on good old fashioned Dracula. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo