The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

This could be controversial if it's the area previously cleared where ashes were scattered and were assured they would be reinstated.

Wasn't there talk of a memorial area at some point after the takeover talks or am I imagining that?

16 minutes ago, Rover1883 said:

So we have a bunch of grumpy b*****ds in here who want money grabbing c*unts who will play a season and fu*k off to Hartlepool for more money and who don't like the Railway Stand and would rather the ground be a library while your at it why don't you bit*h about the new pies we have now or the new shade of blue we have on the walls. 

There's never been a time where fans are more understanding of why players would want to move to a new employer to get a wage rise. If you're getting upset about that, you're either incredibly well off, or you're younger and living at home with your folks (which, there's absolutely f**k all wrong with). 

Most folk here are old enough to realise that for a player from outside of the local area aren't liable to give a f**k. There's even been a Rovers fan who played for the Pars youth set up over the last few years because it was the best option available. 

You don't need to self censor either. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

18 minutes ago, Rover1883 said:

So we have a bunch of grumpy b*****ds in here who want money grabbing c*unts who will play a season and fu*k off to Hartlepool for more money and who don't like the Railway Stand and would rather the ground be a library while your at it why don't you bit*h about the new pies we have now or the new shade of blue we have on the walls. 

Conor Mckenna Fight GIF by FoilArmsandHog

10 minutes ago, Saint DBL said:

To be fair I don’t think there’s any link with us to Murray? Someone suggested him on our thread and it seems to have grown from there.

Unless the guy on Twitter on our end is playing us like a fiddle just to get us talking about it then fair play to him done wonders 

41 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I’d be very happy with Murray but I would have thought St. Johnstone could, and probably should, be doing better than him.

I’m thinking the same unless they’re in a bit of financial trouble because of where they finished 2 less games against the OF might’ve had a reduced budget? And he was in their range we don’t really know until it’s confirmed 

4 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Unless the guy on Twitter on our end is playing us like a fiddle just to get us talking about it then fair play to him done wonders 

Presumed he’d just read it off here going by the timing, fair enough if he’s ITK, just seems a coincidence.

34 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Because I think a nine year old would recognise that professional football players will go where the money is, because it's their livelihood. 

We can absolutely have a Raith Rovers where the squad is made up of players who only want to play for the club, but I've gotta warn you, it's me and you playing centre half together. 

I got Left Back…it won’t be pretty, but I’m a fan.

32 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

This could be controversial if it's the area previously cleared where ashes were scattered and were assured they would be reinstated.

Depends if they have a “better” plan, since they still have the removed material.

41 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Anyone who thinks we're too good for Euan Murray, or Euan Murray isn't good enough for us, or only wants players who are coming here because they want to play for our club needs to have a wee sit doon.

We're not PSG or Man City. We're not even St Johnstone or Ross County. We're a provincial Scottish 2nd tier team with a modest following. Recent changes at the club certainly make us a more attractive proposition than we were - the novelty of being able to get a hot shower after a game etc - but such considerations come after the money situation is understood. 

It's Maslow's hierarchy of needs, boys. Food and shelter 1st, then employment and security. Coming to us is an employment proposition. Wanting to play for the badge is some way down the list.

I agreed with you reluctantly tbf. But Ross County 😆😆, yes they’re better. But no way are they bigger. They’re literally a Village team in an actual Village.  

20 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Fair play, I did enjoy the fact someone suggested they would turn down the opportunity to sign a current Scotland international in Kevin Nisbet, because he wore a black and white t-shirt for a wee while 

By his logic we shouldn’t of signed Callum Smith then since he wore a black and white T-shirt once🤔

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Forgot about Millen played for them tbh 

He scored a very good goal against you aswell I beleive, potentially the re-arranged game which got binned for a downpour? He scored a few good/important goals in his time. He wasn't terribly liked though, despite that I'm glad he's gone on to do well in his career, he was evidently a hard worker which has maybe made up for other areas in which he lacks. 

Edit - You also have Smith and Ross, I don't think there's much of a shock that two full time clubs in close geographical proximity will have some crossover in players. 

Edited by HoBNob

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

He scored a very good goal against you aswell I beleive, potentially the re-arranged game which got binned for a downpour? He scored a few good/important goals in his time. He wasn't terribly liked though, despite that I'm glad he's gone on to do well in his career, he was evidently a hard worker which has maybe made up for other areas in which he lacks. 

It's the same with most clubs he's been at up here. He's an average player at this level. I honestly think folk get an idea in their heads and struggle to get it go. I've got a bit of a soft spot for players in that situation - last season when we got our third against Motherwell he absolutely leathered it from the half way line to celebrate in front of the South stand when all the others were chasing Isma. 

Scottish Football (hell, any football) is a lot like the fun fairs that travel around, setting up here and there for a weekend at a time. The players end up in all kinds or places at various times, just trying to make a living doing something THEY love, playing the game, not playing for this team or that. Yea, there are a few players who are dying to play for X or Y, but you dump a contract in front of them that’ll pay the bills and let them play another year or two…

Edited by TxRover