The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Ach weel that Turner of the radar, just need to hope Byrne signs or theres others that we dlnt know about

There's a good chance there are others we don't know about. Turner is a player that came onto a game and we missed him against County but regardless of finishing 2nd and losing in the playoff final we need to upgrade across the pitch. Pace and power is something we lack, Turner never brought outright pace, neither does Byrne. 

I trust Potter and Murray that they have identified the right type of players.

Having said that of Chalmers signs for Thistle they will be serious contenders with the attacking players they have.

Been posted a bit earlier than usual. Maybe two in the door tonight.

Hopefully get Byrne signed up. Losing him and Turner doesn’t bode well for a promotion pushing squad. 

Unless our strategy is to sign every centre back so other teams can’t have them.

3 minutes ago, Dalgety Rover said:

Been posted a bit earlier than usual. Maybe two in the door tonight.

Hopefully get Byrne signed up. Losing him and Turner doesn’t bode well for a promotion pushing squad. 

Unless our strategy is to sign every centre back so other teams can’t have them.

No one actually knows if we were in for turner or not so we didn’t exactly “lose” him as he wasn’t our player to begin with 

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Feck, I know it's a signing but I was hoping for someone new in the announcement 

As was I. Hoping for a few wee surprises, it’s a bit shite nowadays that everything’s reported days in advance before the announcement.

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

No one actually knows if we were in for turner or not so we didn’t exactly “lose” him as he wasn’t our player to begin with 

No of course not, but don't think there’s many better midfielders available than the two I mentioned.