The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Varna Rover said:

you have inside info on that do you. and i am not saying i want him as our gaffer but hes taking a lot of stick from unqualified managers

Let’s put this to bed now. Liam Fox is gowping and if he is what the club want then we all better temper our expectations, because his win ratio is relegation at best. Hope we’re aiming a wee bit higher that him for god sake. 

8 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Surely after today's results Airdrie want to bin McCabe.

thats 2 of the fans favourite managers losing today

Edited by Varna Rover

3 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

thats 2 of the fans favourite managers losing at home today

The only home teams to lose in Scotland today were Arbroath and Clyde, and I haven’t seen anyone suggesting Jim McIntyre or Ian McCall for the vacancy. 

6 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

The only home teams to lose in Scotland today were Arbroath and Clyde, and I haven’t seen anyone suggesting Jim McIntyre or Ian McCall for the vacancy. 

i edited my post and took at home out a full 5 mins before you posted

Edited by Varna Rover

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

McIntyre was never the man for Arbroath, especially after being so poor with Cove. Hopefully that's the last club he gets 

He largely did ok with Cove. They were sitting mid table and had gotten some decent results before he was bizarrely sacked and replaced with Hartley. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

What about Tidser...? 

I don’t think it’s the worst shout. Always hard to tell how well a manager adjusts stepping up from part time to full time but of all the manager’s in the lower leagues I think he is the most interesting.

I think most people expected Kelty to struggle last season with McKenzie/Barrowman leaving and losing some of the bigger names/higher earners. However, they actually finished higher and with more points and were also troubling the promotion play offs in spells.

Obviously had a great league start this season and also beat Hibs in the cup. I don’t think he gets it but if we were taking someone from the lower leagues, he’d probably be my choice. He’s also not Liam Fox! 

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He largely did ok with Cove. They were sitting mid table and had gotten some decent results before he was bizarrely sacked and replaced with Hartley. 

There was a lot of behind the scenes discontent from the playing side, probably aided by Hartley being sacked at Hartlepool and having quiet words in the ear of his in-laws to get him back too. 

4 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

heres a question to hearts fans. please tell us all just how liam fox is performing in his current roll with your club the answer may put this to bed once and for all

Having spoken to the majority of the Hearts B support and quizzed them on Liam Fox…one man says Fox is “not bad” while his dog says “not great”.

6 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Having spoken to the majority of the Hearts B support and quizzed them on Liam Fox…one man says Fox is “not bad” while his dog says “not great”.

pathetic

So as this rumbles on into another week I think there's a couple of points we can agree on. 

1. The vast majority of us are opposed to Liam Fox and that includes dogs that watch B teams. 

2. Wether you agree or not about the decision to sack Murray. The timing, execution of it and what has went since has been far from ideal. 

We all support the club and want the best manager we can get but I think it's fair that the clubs statements and decisions need to stand up to scrutiny. 

Edited by pub car king