The New Raith Rovers Thread

37 minutes ago, Raithie said:

So you want to sign another keeper to do the same as what McNeil is doing just now? McNeil has to be nearing his mid 20s, sending him out on loan just seems pointless when he's our number 2. I'd rather whatever budget we have is spent on more pressing areas of the squad. 

Yes, I'd like a 17-20 y-o keeper in and McNeil loaned out. The young keeper could easily be affordable on the apprentice scheme, and if we don't intend to use McNeil to ever spell Kev...

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Yes, I'd like a 17-20 y-o keeper in and McNeil loaned out. The young keeper could easily be affordable on the apprentice scheme, and if we don't intend to use McNeil to ever spell Kev...

We’ve got higher priorities than a 3rd choice ‘keeper.

Edited by Enigma

Just now, Enigma said:

We’ve got higher priorities that a 3rd choice ‘keeper.

Priorities are fine...but if the other priorities aren't available, surely there's a young keeper in the area we could use anyway. Priorities doesn't mean we can't do anything else until we're filled that first, topmost need. We're building a team to eventually play in the top league, you build everywhere as opportunities present themselves.

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

If we're loaning out players like 19 year old Hannah I very much doubt we'll be looking to bring in a teenage keeper to be 2nd choice purely to allow McNeil to go out on loan. In fact it would be the complete opposite that would happen eg teenage keeper signs, teenage keeper goes out on loan. I might be in the minority but I really like McNeil, he has some great attributes one of which is his kicking and distribution is miles better than Kevs. 

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

This would weaken us. If Kev got injured or suspended we would be left with an untested teenager in goals.

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

If we're loaning out players like 19 year old Hannah I very much doubt we'll be looking to bring in a teenage keeper to be 2nd choice purely to allow McNeil to go out on loan. In fact it would be the complete opposite that would happen eg teenage keeper signs, teenage keeper goes out on loan. I might be in the minority but I really like McNeil, he has some great attributes one of which is his kicking and distribution is miles better than Kevs. 

I love McNeil...but he signed on a one year deal, late. I'm pretty sure he's leaving us if Kev stays, so I'd like to see him play a bit to confirm he's our new #1 if/when Kev goes. Ideally, I'd like the teenager in and loaned, but failing that I don't see another way UNLESS they've already decided we run with McNeil next year and have told him that (doubtful).

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

What have you got with young players. Last season you harped on about Adam Masson and Kieran Mitchell. 

Now you want our back up to be a kid 17-20 yr old and want Hannah to come back and play out of position to displace Hanlon who was playing top flight football last season. 

I'm all if they are good enough etc but none of these kids have proved themselves at any level.

I'm also fairly certain if Dabrowski leaves we will sign a new number 1.

Edited by raith1974
Update

I’ll come back tomorrow.

TX is boring the absolute tights off me with his inane drivel.

A feckin essay on points totals and tosh about teenage goalkeepers.

Stick on the Sunday American football lad and log out. Tedious beyond belief.

Edited by RAITHROVERS84