The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, Starksdynamo said:

Imagine hating Dylan Easton.  He's not perfect and he should've known better yesterday but the guy is class.  Comfortably walks into any team in the league and can do things I've not seen anyone in a Rovers shirt do.  Get a grip.

Imagine not being able to grasp sarcasm. Has probably been our best player this season, top bloke too having spent time with him on numerous occasions.

1 hour ago, Always next quarter said:

Absolutely don't see us going down but it will be a big window for us in January.

Chasing 4th and it will become a bun fight and an agents dream. Picking up the feeling Collins knows he needs additions and views some of the squad as weak. 

First thing first get Dabo tied down if he is willing. He's going ti catch the eye. 

How many players do you need? 

A few things to pick up on from yesterday. The defensive balance is not an issue, you can't really account for the horrendous luck with that deflection going the opposite way to what kev was diving. I can see the reasoning with having Jamieson on the right but to me he offers very little in an attacking sense other than being very fast and running constantly. He doesn't look like he can take a man on or like he fancies a shot. I'd much prefer we play Gibson there. Thought dabo looked good other than one or two misplaced passes but he is definitely an upgrade on Freeman. Goals ultimately win you games and if we cant score at least one or two of the good chances we had in the opening 30 minutes, we're not going to win games. I like Hamilton and thought he had a good game but he's like a dear in headlights when he gets a chance to score. I do think his chance in the second half was a hard one to take but it's one a good striker should be taking. There's a good 5/6 players I'd move on in an ideal world and I won't name them as there's really nothing to be gained from it at this stage. 

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I'm shocked a guy managing in the Scottish championship doesn't have the same tactical nous as an established epl manager. 

Exactly, the distinction between someone suffering from severe vocal fry and Sean Dyche is ridiculous what’s the problem😳

1 hour ago, BPM said:

He speaks nothing like Dyche 

Dyche has a voice which annoys me. I just assume it annoys everyone else too.

In comparison, our manager is easy on the ears.

Edited by Scary Bear

Just gotta hope the new guy can score goals when he becomes available, we're needing a minimum 34 points from 27 games so have to start eating into that very soon, coz if we do somehow go down I hope theres a get out clause in all these 3 year contracts.

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Just gotta hope the new guy can score goals when he becomes available, we're needing a minimum 34 points from 27 games so have to start eating into that very soon, coz if we do somehow go down I hope theres a get out clause in all these 3 year contracts.

I'd be targeting a minimum of 15 points each quarter to be sure. That feels achievable with the squad we have until we lose key players to injury again.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Dyche has a voice which annoys me. I just assume it annoys everyone else too.

In comparison, our manager is easy on the ears.

Aye very good. He sounds like Dyche with someone grabbing his baws

What's all this p!sh from some about "moving players on" in January? We don't get to fill up a minibus with the ones we don't like and send them away somewhere else. The only ones who'll be "moved on" will be those we don't want and someone else does. Otherwise, they're here until contracts end. Indeed, a lack of moving on will hinder any moving in we want to do, so if there's anyone you think needs to be on that minibus, you better hope some other club wants them.

8 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

What's all this p!sh from some about "moving players on" in January? We don't get to fill up a minibus with the ones we don't like and send them away somewhere else. The only ones who'll be "moved on" will be those we don't want and someone else does. Otherwise, they're here until contracts end. Indeed, a lack of moving on will hinder any moving in we want to do, so if there's anyone you think needs to be on that minibus, you better hope some other club wants them.

Everyone on the minibus except

Kev

Stevenson

Fordyce

Hanlon

Dabo

Brown

Byrne

Stanton

Gibson

Easton 

Hamilton

Vaughan

Stevenson had a right go at Kev yesterday when he done one of his camera saves, screamed at him to catch it. To be honest he should have caught it, palmed out for a corner. 

Thought the first half was great, good fast paced attacking football. Hamiltons miss cost us the points, any half decent striker sticks that in the net. 

Some amount of boo boys in the south stand. Sick listening to half their nonsense tbh. 

I think Hamilton has significantly improved since Collins has come in, in terms of every aspect of centre forward play other than scoring.  Ultimately though, simply has to be scoring those chances.