The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm sorry but to be dishing out a yellow card and a straight red card in the same act of dissent in injury time of a tight game is f**king terrible refereeing of the situation.

However, Easton has to learn from this and with Stanton coming back in, he may end up sitting out more than 1 game.

The ref completely lost the plot - after Easton spoke to him he showed the red card first (which suggests a straight red), but then flashed a yellow at him - which made me think he was so inept that he gave out the cards in the wrong order.

Still no excusing Easton though. There were enough punters in the crowd to tell the referee he was a Noel Hunt without consequence, rather than players getting involved and subsequently suspended.

52 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

I'm sorry but to be dishing out a yellow card and a straight red card in the same act of dissent in injury time of a tight game is f**king terrible refereeing of the situation.

However, Easton has to learn from this and with Stanton coming back in, he may end up sitting out more than 1 game.

Not really if he has accused the ref of cheating or called him a c**t then perfectly acceptable to send him off for that and then book him for more vanilla dissent. Have to question why an experienced player is losing the plot that they get sent off for their behaviour towards the officials.

This league will continue to get inexperienced referees out their depth most weeks in order that the top flight have VAR officials it’s just a fact of life for us in this division now players need to remember not to cross the line when bitching about officials 

Same punishment I believe

I can understand DE reaction and have a modicum of sympathy for him..When I played i,d numerous bookings for similar,difficult for some players just to accept some decisions by refs in the heat of the moment

On 21/10/2024 at 13:14, CountryBumpkin said:

When you say taken down, do you mean on Twitter, its still visible in the Rovers Youtube channel. 

It appeared on my FB feed now isn't there, even if i go to the Rovers page. I usually notice it there then move to the big telly for the interviews and highlights.

His summary seems fair enough, as with previous managers I'm going to reserve judgement on NC until he has been given adequate time, even fair to middling managers can find a groove if given time and support and I'm a great believer that continuity in football is a good thing.

That clears the card carry on up then, the refs a bigger buffoon than he initially was, as has been said the lower leagues get the shite so that the greed is good league get their refs for the var etc, moral of the story, dont be an asshole and mouth back to a bigger asshole 😂

3 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

3 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

The ref completely lost the plot - after Easton spoke to him he showed the red card first (which suggests a straight red), but then flashed a yellow at him - which made me think he was so inept that he gave out the cards in the wrong order.

Still no excusing Easton though. There were enough punters in the crowd to tell the referee he was a Noel Hunt without consequence, rather than players getting involved and subsequently suspended.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

That clears the card carry on up then, the refs a bigger buffoon than he initially was, as has been said the lower leagues get the shite so that the greed is good league get their refs for the var etc, moral of the story, dont be an asshole and mouth back to a bigger asshole 😂

Absolutely agree that Easton needs to learn to keep his mouth shut, but not surprised to yet again read the standard of referee in the country is inept at best. 

At least we can now put as asterisk next to the 20 year hoodoo against Inverness. A tainted record for them bought with money they could not afford to pay back.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

At least we can now put as asterisk next to the 20 year hoodoo against Inverness. A tainted record for them bought with money they could not afford to pay back.

Alan Savage will pick up a debt free club at the end of it so he'll be happy. They'll bounce up the league again after a few wee vox pops about how "ah just want a club to support" while then proclaiming how well they've done to save their club by the end of it. 

Still, Rangers fans will be fizzing about it. 

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Alan Savage will pick up a debt free club at the end of it so he'll be happy. They'll bounce up the league again after a few wee vox pops about how "ah just want a club to support" while then proclaiming how well they've done to save their club by the end of it. 

Still, Rangers fans will be fizzing about it. 

Yeah they’ll do a deal and be back to spending money they don’t have to get out of League One next summer.

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Christ have you seen the losses they've had since 2016, it's a wonder they've got this far before going tits up

Just a 15 point deduction for one sole season really seem fair for what is years of overspending.

Edited by Enigma

11 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Just a 15 point deduction for one sole season really seem fair for what is years of overspending.

They also start next season on -5 points, whatever league they are in.

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The penalty for administration is far too soft. I would boot any team that enters it straight into the highland/Lowland league. 

Bar promotions for a certain number of seasons imo. 

Rovers got absolutely shafted back in 2005 given the separation of the stadium and club. A stupid number of clubs have been able to walk away from their debts.

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Bar promotions for a certain number of seasons imo. 

Rovers got absolutely shafted back in 2005 given the separation of the stadium and club. A stupid number of clubs have been able to walk away from their debts.

Nah, fair f**ks to them. We should have done admin back in 99 before it was fashionable. 

7 hours ago, 101 said:

Not really if he has accused the ref of cheating or called him a c**t then perfectly acceptable to send him off for that and then book him for more vanilla dissent. Have to question why an experienced player is losing the plot that they get sent off for their behaviour towards the officials.

This league will continue to get inexperienced referees out their depth most weeks in order that the top flight have VAR officials it’s just a fact of life for us in this division now players need to remember not to cross the line when bitching about officials 

Applying that consistently would see at least one red card every championship game.