The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm looking to come down for the match on Saturday. How long will it take to walk from the train station to the ground and what places are there to grab a decent lunch?

Google Maps reckons about 23 minutes for the walk.

Cheers.

If you are coming down and want food on the way give Kirkcaldy Golf Club a call.

There were a dozen or so St Johnstone fans in on Saturday. They were wearing colours as well so that doesn't seem an issue.Train station to Golf Club 20mins. Golf club to Starks park 10 to 15 mins.

The food is decent and its relatively close to the ground.

You could go down the high street as well. Plenty places to eat.

I'm looking to come down for the match on Saturday. How long will it take to walk from the train station to the ground and what places are there to grab a decent lunch?

Google Maps reckons about 23 minutes for the walk.

Cheers.

The Beveridge Park Hotel is only a couple of minutes from the station and serves lunch. Exit the station through the underpass and turn left. It's also on the route to the ground from the station.

Always enjoy getting a look at the new signings so Saturday was a bit odd having only three to keep an eye on! Hopefully Barr, Scott and Cuthbert are fit for Tuesday.

Nade I thought was excellent, hoping he'll be a real handful. Like the Dundee fans I think I've already fallen in love with him. McKeown looked solid enough, maybe not as keen to get forward as Booth which is something that needs worked on. Conroy, unfortunately on first impression, looks very much like a boo boy target. A wide midfielder with little pace isn't what the Stark's Park faithful enjoy - see Ferry, Sloan, Hamill. I'm hoping he's more Sloan than Hamill in the long run though. I saw enough to suggest he'll do a good job but if things are going wrong he'll be the first to get it I reckon.

The defence was outrageously weak but we'll never play Ellis and Bates together this season so it doesn't matter. Overall a draw with St Johnstone, friendly or not, with your third-choice goalie and fourth and fifth choice centre backs is a good result.

Bit concerned we have two friendlies to play until EEP though, and none of three first choice centre backs or our two first pick goalies have had a game....

Speaking of scran I noticed at the St Johnstone game that the prices at the pie stall have went up. I'll not be back!!!

I just looked at the prices and walked away. 20p on a pie? No danger. Season ticket was lobbed in one of the staffs faces too*

*not really. Didn't get a pie though

Hill barr and watson and mcgurn all expected to be out untill mid to late august! Well looks like a much tougher start to the season than we expected! Christ!!

Why not offer ross perry a year long contract and then let young bates go out on loan? Makes sense to me! Who in there right mind would want to sign a 1 month contract at this time of the season!

Hill barr and watson and mcgurn all expected to be out untill mid to late august! Well looks like a much tougher start to the season than we expected! Christ!!

Why not offer ross perry a year long contract and then let young bates go out on loan? Makes sense to me! Who in there right mind would want to sign a 1 month contract at this time of the season!

Start the season as we ended it, leaking goals like a sieve. heard something about Hill, what's up with Watson and Barr? Three first choice senior centre backs for the first time since Murray took over and they are all injured!? Fucking typical.

Who's the auld codger working for Google taking 23 minutes to walk to the ground from the station!

It was obviously a person captivated by the sights of Kirkcaldy. They couldn't resist a wander around the Bevy Park on the way to the ground.

Start the season as we ended it, leaking goals like a sieve. heard something about Hill, what's up with Watson and Barr? Three first choice senior centre backs for the first time since Murray took over and they are all injured!? Fucking typical.

Exactly. Absolute standard that we make some signings that look cracking on paper yet half of them end up crocked in pre-season. Then we draw a derby in the cup! :rolleyes: Hopefully we can get them back before the start of the season. I've not had a problem so far with our defence but I really don't want to see it's extended use in a competitive game, especially a derby.

It's hard to fathom how three players in the same position can get injured during pre season training.

Perry wanted at least a deal until January but we obviously aren't prepared to pay a wage to someone who probably wouldn't get a look in once those three are fit.

Hopefully at least one of them can get some game time prior to the cup game.

It's hard to fathom how three players in the same position can get injured during pre season training.

Perry wanted at least a deal until January but we obviously aren't prepared to pay a wage to someone who probably wouldn't get a look in once those three are fit.

Agree. I'd say we really do need two of the three back, ideally Barr and Watson. Ellis, who has undoubtedly been one of the clubs best ever servants, looked past it last season. The last time we threw in a relatively untested defender against Dunfermline, it basically ruined them (Colin Wilson).

We really do need two back as I say.

I actually wonder if they are semi fit (or at least doing their running etc), but Murray doesn't want to risk them through a pre-seaons game, and will throw them in at the cup game....

Edited by renton

Looking forward to City's match tonight. Saw enough of Nade at Tynecastle to expect big John McCombe will have him tucked away (not in his back pocket as he'd need awfy big troosers).

You're lacking in defence, we're lacking in attack. I'm going for 0-0.

Looking forward to City's match tonight. Saw enough of Nade at Tynecastle to expect big John McCombe will have him tucked away (not in his back pocket as he'd need awfy big troosers).

You're lacking in defence, we're lacking in attack. I'm going for 0-0.

Tade's a completely different beast to what he was at Tynecastle. He was excellent against St Johnstone both in terms of technique and his finishing.