The New Raith Rovers Thread

It seems to be the logical choice.

He's a decent player, and so he's not going to drop any lower than mid-table Second Division. That limits the teams immediately. Secondly, he's got history at Alloa, although I don't know how many of the players/staff are still there from his time. Thirdly, and perhaps most importantly, they've got that plastic pitch there. For someone who passes the ball as well as Sloanaldo does, knowing that you'll be playing on a perfect surface every second week is priceless.

Thanks for the memories Boaby. My favourite moment of last season was that free-kick against Brechin, and it's definitely up there with my favourite moments following the Rovers. Very much a hit and miss player, but on his day would control games like nobody else in the squad. He seemed to love it at the Rovers and as I posted on the match thread I'm positive I saw him wiping away a few tears away at full time.

All the best Boaby. Love you xxx

was told tonight davie mcgurn signed 2 year part time deal with us.

along with walker, ferry, d smith, davo, tade, sparky, wilson, murray, hill, some of wich were allready signed but the others have been signed on!

also told, john baird is a rover and will be confirmed after the play offs... weiry is of to ausie to join gary wales etc...

Fezza!!!!!! :D

So that is 11 players signed for next season including Baird. Another Goalkeeper = 12. So another 6-8 players should make up our squad for next season. John has obviously had his finger out already and sussed who he wants. Hopefully he gets the right players in.

I'm not surprised Weir is away, good luck to him, and Sloan. He's had 3 solid years at Raith and has been a good servant. Just not good enough for this level.

Onwards and upwards! :D

Edited by Wardy

also told, john baird is a rover and will be confirmed after the play offs... weiry is of to ausie to join gary wales etc...

Good news all round as Weir was never going to be good enough for the first division but despite that he played a big part the year before in our league winning team so will still be missed.

With a few more additions and a bit more luck next season I don't see any reason why we can't push for a top five finish.

Good work if you can get it, playing in Australia. I don't imagine it took Graham Weir too long to decide when it was offered to him!

Presumably the club will be cancelling his contract so he can go. Fair enough, says me. Maybe they've got a wee helping hand from the Aussie club he's joining, who knows.

Have to say, on current form, Baird in and Weir out looks like a decent bit of business. Squad strength +1...

Sloan was decent today, and over the piece has been an excellent servant for the club. People can say what they want, but in my opinion he was the creative midfielder we lacked for so long. Consistently racking up 15-20 assists each season. I'll never forget Sloan's contribution in our league win last year simply due to this...

I think Gattheussi would appear to be off too.

Saw him today about half 2 heading towards the train station on foot in his club tracky. Can only assume he had been told he wasnt playing and wasnt being kept on and therefore decided to just leave there and then. Surely otherwise you would be made to stay watch the match even if not listed in the squad.

Saw him today about half 2 heading towards the train station on foot in his club tracky. Can only assume he had been told he wasnt playing and wasnt being kept on and therefore decided to just leave there and then. Surely otherwise you would be made to stay watch the match even if not listed in the squad.

Poor in some respects but at the same time I can understand why he left.

I think him living in Glasgow and not being able to drive was always going to be a problem even if he had been worth another contract.

Aye, I saw him passing the Beviridge Park Hotel heading towards the train station around that time, poor show that he didn't stick around for the game to be honest, looks a stick-on that he's been told he won't be back next season.

Just to give him the benefit of the doubt, does he not have to get 3 trains and a bus to get back to his house, or something silly like that?

There's every chance at least one of those stops running by the time the game's finished, and he has the manager's blessing to go back early.

Who knows? It's not really very important. I'm just getting in some practice at analysing why certain players are walking a certain way at a certain place, because it's all we're going to be doing for the next few months.

*sob*

Just to give him the benefit of the doubt, does he not have to get 3 trains and a bus to get back to his house, or something silly like that?

There's every chance at least one of those stops running by the time the game's finished, and he has the manager's blessing to go back early.

Who knows? It's not really very important. I'm just getting in some practice at analysing why certain players are walking a certain way at a certain place, because it's all we're going to be doing for the next few months.

*sob*

My link

One bus and two trains.

What I can't understand is why does he live in Glasgow in the first place? His previous clubs are Hibs & Inverness so you would think he would live on the East Coast. :unsure:

Edited by Willie Gray Ate My Hamster

Sloan was decent today, and over the piece has been an excellent servant for the club. People can say what they want, but in my opinion he was the creative midfielder we lacked for so long. Consistently racking up 15-20 assists each season. I'll never forget Sloan's contribution in our league win last year simply due to this...

Agreed, think his best performance this season was in the defeat at EEP, came on as a sub after 25mins and just owned the game playing in the middle of the park, dictating the game... His set piece ability will ve missed, although Walker is improving.

Best of luck Boaby

Yeah, I also saw Gathuessi wandering up the road before the game. Didn't want to post anything about it on here at the time, but I thought then that he wouldn't be staying with us this season.

Shame to see Sloan go, but it's for the best. He's not been in the team very much this season, so it's probably in his own interests. His assists were vital in getting us out of the 2nd, and he certainly made a good contribution in his time here. Despite limited appearances, he had a couple of cracking games against the Pars at EEP and also up in Aberdeen. His calmness in midfield that night was vital when we were defending our lead.