The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not seen much of Laurie Ellis's name in all this talk of contracts either - any news?

I haven't seen anything either, but I wouldn't imagine he'd be leaving.

He's very good for us, and John McGlynn is obviously very confident with him at left-back. I don't imagine he's had an offer from a bigger club, and I don't suppose he'd leave for a smaller club if the offer was on the table.

That said, we have apparently signed Willie Dyer, and I believe he's a left back. Maybe Laurie wants to go back to being part-time so he can concentrate on his driving instruction a bit more.

Not seen much of Laurie Ellis's name in all this talk of contracts either - any news?

Certainly would've thought he'll be re-signed. I worried a bit for him playing at this level, but by and large he's had a good season, although his distribution can at times be, er.. inconsistent, I think we'll say. Done an excellent job on the whole though. Dyer seems to be a done deal but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll play ahead of Laurie, and Laurie can always cover at centre back as well.

Simmons and Williamson are another two names that nobody seems to be mentioning. I'm sure Williamson is already under contract anyway but any news on Simmons?

That's my thinking too, can't see any (footballing) reasons why we'd let him go or why he'd want to leave. Fingers crossed.

I expect him to keep Simmons on too, but given the problems of fitting him into the same side as Walker and Davo there might be an outside chance that he could this this year's surprise release.

I should probably remember things like this but when is the announcement usually made with regards to who is released?

Something in the back of my mind is telling me it was not long after the end of last season, as I was fretting for quite a while about how small our squad was looking.

Just thought I'd post my second favourite Bobby Sloan goal. There was a picture in the Sunday Mail the day after of Sloan celebrating with Craig Winter after the goal which I still have to this day.

Sloan picks the ball up, runs forward with the ball and then at the edge of the box pings a shot with his right foot in off the bar. Fantastic.

The video also shows his usual neat passes too throughout the match.

Great servant to the club. All the best Bobby.

The goal is about 3 minutes in.

I'm sure Williamson is already under contract anyway but any news on Simmons?

hope williamson's punted, he's a fairy. good goal against aberdeen though. as for simmons, he's a bit of a liability but has a good game now and again, and can pick a good pass IMO but can't understand JmcG's insistance on tryin to fit him in with davo and walker. so i'd probably punt him or bench him for the most of next season.

Edited by moonhound

hope williamson's punted, he's a fairy. good goal against aberdeen though. as for simmons, he's a bit of a liability but has a good game now and again, and can pick a good pass IMO but can't understand JmcG's insistance on tryin to fit him in with davo and walker. so i'd probably punt him or bench him for the most of next season.

Williamson is still under contract for at least another year, chances are if we get in another striker Tade will be first choice on the right wing

Williamson is still under contract for at least another year, chances are if we get in another striker Tade will be first choice on the right wing

I hope you're right.

As for McNeil - he'll be fine provided we don't have to play him very much. Very error prone.

I hope you're right.

As for McNeil - he'll be fine provided we don't have to play him very much. Very error prone.

looking forward having Tade on the right and Smith on the left looks like a good combination, both are hard working with a decent amount of pace (Tade more so) and both will track back to support the full backs. Do a bit of work with Tade's final ball and get Smith a run of games will see us with a good amount of width and danger coming from either flank