The New Raith Rovers Thread

Casa's goal for me - the sight of a striker picking the ball up in his own half and running with it was good enough, but to lay it off to the winger and bolt flat out into the box to meet the return ball is the sign of a real striker and something you don't see from our own players.

Casa for me too, with Murray a close second and then Ellis's header. As mentioned above, I'd love to see a replay of Williamson's goal at Ayr, it did look like a lovely bit of football from the far end.

Don't agree his goal against Aberdeen was all it's cracked up to be though. Decent hit but it bounced on the way in, which offends my aesthetic sensibilities.

For the goal of the season are they going for the goal or the occasion? :huh:

If it was purely on how good the goal was, technique etc I would have the winner of the competition about 3rd or 4th, The technique for Williamsons against Aberdeen was sublime, to pick the ball coming down like that and to then hit it with that power but keep it low is very bloody difficult :lol:

On the back of the press that McGlynn and the back room staff are off to Magaluf for a week for a deserved break.

McGlynn and co. cutting some shapes on the dancefloor in BCM's, now there's a sight ...

Edited by RaithRyan

Somebody who sounded like they knew what they were talking about confirmed the Willie Dyer rumour to me last night. Not that that's exactly hot off the press by now I appreciate, but I thought I'd mention it.

If the lad Wallace could put some beef on, probably something close to two stone, he could be an excellent. Fantastic technical ability, just so lightweight. He's in the same ilk as David Templeton. Templeton has however totally filled out and has become a very good player.

If the lad Wallace could put some beef on, probably something close to two stone, he could be an excellent. Fantastic technical ability, just so lightweight. He's in the same ilk as David Templeton. Templeton has however totally filled out and has become a very good player.

Aye, that. Wallace played well against Thistle away before someone came within five yards of him and he shat himself. He played with a bit more manliness against the Pars at home but looked like he'd never played on the right wing in his life, he totally ignored his defensive duties meaning their left back had a silly amount of space to do what he liked time and time again.

We've already got a right winger who doesn't defend and loses every 80-20, if Wallace is going to be another then no thanks, if he's manned up a little I'd be happy enough to see him sign as he certainly had ability on the ball.

Aye, that. Wallace played well against Thistle away before someone came within five yards of him and he shat himself. He played with a bit more manliness against the Pars at home but looked like he'd never played on the right wing in his life, he totally ignored his defensive duties meaning their left back had a silly amount of space to do what he liked time and time again.

We've already got a right winger who doesn't defend and loses every 80-20, if Wallace is going to be another then no thanks, if he's manned up a little I'd be happy enough to see him sign as he certainly had ability on the ball.

we have Tade and Williamson for that position and Wilson if things get desperate no point in signing him

And, to go with Dave's new contract, here's an advert for the attention of every SPL manager ;)

Dave's Saves

Tell you what... that's a fucking goalie.

Magnificent. That might be one of my favourites videos of all time. Doesn't even show that save against Airdrie at 1-0 down with ten men in the Cup that would've robbed us of Aberdeen, Dundee and Hampden. What a man.

I burst out laughing at that treble save against Ayr. It's just outrageous.

Edited by Paco

some of his saves last season defied belief huh.gif

All right i`ve been around a while, through the glory and not so glory years, the Ayr save was the greatest i have ever seen at san starko

The ayr man thinks the third attempt had goal written all over it, He`s away celebrating when he realises that its been saved by the WITCH and he tries to appeal that it was over the line. Priceless save this would have probably meant defeat, and our season might have had a different outcome. Remember Simmonds last minute equaliser.

Would not swap him for ANYONE could not give a shit what the rest think.