Who's Going To Uni?

Silly girl. :rolleyes: They aren't HD ready any more - they all have High Definition TV's in them each with a High Definition TV feed to them.

Silly man, that wasn't what you said at the time though, was it? :rolleyes:

Silly girl. :rolleyes: They aren't HD ready any more - they all have High Definition TV's in them each with a High Definition TV feed to them.

You're not very good at laughing at yourself, are you...? *sigh*

...But that is only what you learn academically - the benefits of Uni are much wider than that. The personal development of interacting with so many culturally diverse people, getting involved with various projects, clubs etc is also very useful. Going straight into employment, regardless of claims made by SD, does not allow as much of that....

How would you know what going straight into employment does and doesn't offer, having gone straight into uni? Stuart's also quite right that your "development" of joining various clubs etc shouldn't be funded by the taxpayer.

I don't agree with Stuart's general point, but it's certainly fair to say that uni isn't the be all and end all in the way that people like arab_joe appear to think it is.

I got my SAAS form in a few days ago and I think I'm getting around £1'200 for the next year.

I already know what I spending it on.

What happened to your wages as a "top" guest lecturer for the London School of Economics Supras? Did you give it all up to go back to Uni?

What happened to your wages as a "top" guest lecturer for the London School of Economics Supras? Did you give it all up to go back to Uni?

I went back to uni for the class on beating up elderly relatives.

Canny wait. That said, how was your Florida holiday that you paid for with your massive winnings on St. Mirren being relelgated to the first division this season? I've always wondered if airlines would accept cum stained betting slips and scitzaphrenic ramblings as payment.

It's hard to say whether or not university is worthwhile in the long run.

From my personal experience of doing a maths and statistics degree, I'd say that about 70% of the things you learn will be useful in the world of work, but the other 40% will probably never be of any use once you have graduated.

Can't add though :rolleyes:

I went back to uni for the class on beating up elderly relatives.

Canny wait. That said, how was your Florida holiday that you paid for with your massive winnings on St. Mirren being relelgated to the first division this season? I've always wondered if airlines would accept cum stained betting slips and scitzaphrenic ramblings as payment.

Florida is in September

I'll be sunning it up in my three bedroom, two story Disney hotel room which costs more per night than your earnings for the entire year.

Don't spend it all in the one place.... :rolleyes:

Can't add though :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Florida is in September

I'll be sunning it up in my three bedroom, two story Disney hotel room which costs more per night than your earnings for the entire year.

Don't spend it all in the one place.... :rolleyes:

Just place more bets on St. Mirren being relegated between now and then and you'll be fine.

I was sunning it up on the cairngorn mountains all weekend and all without obese Americans chaving in Hawaiian shirts.

So this hotel room costs more than £1'200 a day!

How many HD ready bathrooms is that getting you?

Edited by Supras

:rolleyes:

Just place more bets on St. Mirren being relegated between now and then and you'll be fine.

I was sunning it up on the cairngorn mountains all weekend and all without obese Americans chaving in Hawaiian shirts.

So this hotel room costs more than £1'200 a day!

How many HD ready bathrooms is that getting you?

Cairngorms in a tent....sounds lovely... :rolleyes:

The villa costs - according to Disney rack rates - £1095 per night, approximately, give or take a few pounds either way depending on currency fluctuations. We'll be there for 19 nights before moving down the coast to a beach house that costs around £975 again according to Disney's published rack rates. Not only that but we've done this trip every year for the last seven years.

Never mind eh...I'm sure once you've graduated and you are earning roughly the national average we'll maybe see you there - maybe for just one night though :rolleyes:. A wee tip though if you do manage it, don't get your Hawaiian shirt at Primark - even the cleaners would laugh at you.

Edited by The Apprentice

Considering applying to do Management, Technology and Enterprise at Caley Uni in September but I haven't applied yet and I dunno if it's too late to do so now. I am going to see some-one at my college about it on Wednesday.

B)

Considering applying to do Management, Technology and Enterprise at Caley Uni in September but I haven't applied yet and I dunno if it's too late to do so now. I am going to see some-one at my college about it on Wednesday.

B)

Sounds brilliant. Good luck getting in. Shame you're late though. Caley have been accepting any dolt that can write their name...and even some that can't this year. It's all about screwing tax payers money off the Scottish Government. Don't worry if you can't understand what I'm talking about - it's all covered in the management part of the course. It's the module right after "How to use a diary" :rolleyes:

Edited by The Apprentice