Who's Going To Uni?

Likewise if it's the same as Grant Management in Dundee - avoid.

Looked at my timetable for next semester and I'm only in 4 hours a week, not including the odd dissertation workshop every so often. Plenty of time to work on my dissertation but a bit worried due to my inability to study without a deadline/pressure on me.

Everywhere in Edinburgh is fucking terrible on a Saturday. Never been to Castle though. Everywhere is either too busy or full of old c***s(ie Cav). The Cheese is the only place to go on a Saturday.

Why Not Monday

Can Vol Tuesday (I'm too tall to go to Lulu's)

Opal Wednesday

Silk Thursday

Liquid Rooms Friday

Big Cheese Saturday

Cav Sunday

and Hive if you're too drunk to go anywhere else

For me it was always cab Vol on tuesday, Liquid Rooms on friday and Cav on a sunday. Liquid rooms was occasionally substituted for the Hive or even Citrus club if money was tight.

That was ten years ago. :bairn

Silk is massively over rated and isnt exactly cheap. Compared to Glasgow (Cav aside) Edinburgh seriously lacks a decent nightclub. Hive is brilliant though.

Silk is brilliant on a Thursday night. The ground floor is particularly good after 6 pints and a dozen vodka/mixers when he starts spinning Stacy's mom and S Club 7.

Mind you it's not great on the other nights. I wouldn't call Cav a decent club, it was brilliant when I first moved to Edinburgh but has gone seriously downhill to the point that I avoid it unless a mate wants to go for their birthday or something. It's full of old c***s and I always feel like the bouncers are looking for any excuse to be dicks in there, even to a point that the George street bouncers seem sound.

The union is dreadful beyond first year, James Mitchell (Politics) is a w**k and Richard Finlay (History) is the man.

Pretty concise summary tbh.

Mitchell is at Edinburgh now. Not sure when he left but he was definitely away for the whole of last year.

Currently sorting out my Accommodation for Heriot Watt, anyone who's been before able to tell me if should i avoid any particular building or are they all fairly similar?

I stayed in a self catered flat, i would say avoid. The self catered en-suite were much nicer.

I believe the ghetto no longer exists though, so again it may have all changed since i was there.

Heriot watt is my 1st choice if i get an A in my 2 year graded unit i will go there to do structural or civil engineering. Defo think it can be achieved, failing that i will go to Napier or try and get work with an HND. Looking like i might be able to do it all without needing a student loan too

• 3 weeks later...

Heriot watt is my 1st choice if i get an A in my 2 year graded unit i will go there to do structural or civil engineering. Defo think it can be achieved, failing that i will go to Napier or try and get work with an HND. Looking like i might be able to do it all without needing a student loan too

Civils at HW is the place to be.

Civils at HW is the place to be.

So I've heard, need to get the head down for my 2 year at college though and get my graded unit results. Will still apply for jobs with my HND and see what i can get and keep options open

You got any more information for me?

Edited by throbber

Singled out the two places where I want to do my masters; Aberdeen or Edinburgh. Aberdeen is offering Health Psychology which is my second choice in all honesty; my real aim is to get into clinical psychology at Edinburgh uni. The considerations however is that both places are quite expensive to live in. Any tips on finding relatively cheap accommodation in either of these cities?