Who's Going To Uni?

Times University Rankings League Table 2010

4th St Andrews

14th Edinburgh

19th Glasgow

33rd Aberdeen

37th= Strathclyde

48th Stirling

So yeah, yeah it is a quantitative fact. 3rd best in Scotland.

Look up quantitative in your nearest dictionary, look at The Times' criteria, then come back with a gushing apology for your idiocy, thanks.

Look up quantitative in your nearest dictionary, look at The Times' criteria, then come back with a gushing apology for your idiocy, thanks.

I see no need for an apology. The Universities are ranked based on quantified criteria. Student Satisfaction, Research Quality, Student Staff Ratio, Services and Facilities Spending, Entry Standards, Completion, Good Honours, and Graduate Prospects. These criteria have clearly been quantified using internal criteria in so far as is possible.

To all intents and purposes, therefore, it is quantitative fact that if Glasgow is a "Mickey Mouse" University, so to are at least all bar two Universities in Scotland.

I see no need for an apology. The Universities are ranked based on quantified criteria. Student Satisfaction, Research Quality, Student Staff Ratio, Services and Facilities Spending, Entry Standards, Completion, Good Honours, and Graduate Prospects. These criteria have clearly been quantified using internal criteria in so far as is possible.

:lol:

Have to say I disagree with the Master's "science over art" comment. Yes I have a computer. And am I writing on this forum in binary code or English :rolleyes: ? Both equally important in terms of human endeavour.

My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I made it ;)

To all intents and purposes, therefore, it is quantitative fact that if Glasgow is a "Mickey Mouse" University, so to are at least all bar two Universities in Scotland.

So it's an opinion polland a loose assessment of how money and funds leads to good teaching.

Not quantifiable at all.

So it's an opinion polland a loose assessment of how money and funds leads to good teaching.

Not quantifiable at all.

How else would you quantify it then? Are you saying that the league tables are not even a good indication?

Then what exactly is your point about my assertion that Glasgow is one of the best Universities in Scotland. Do you dispute the claim?
I'm not sure what that's supposed to acheive. All it is is a name that nobody really gives a toss about.

I think I've made it crystal clear. Nobody gives a toss about Glasgow's reputation.

Exuberant, have you ever kissed a girl?

Just wondering.

Come to think about it, VikingTon, if you could answer the same question (but with your name instead of Exuberant's), that'd be great. Thanks.

You think wrongly.

Okay, thanks for the heads up.

Exuberant, your Viking mate doesn't want to answer for some reason, but I'd still appreciate it if you'd do so for me.

Edited by Mak