40th Heriot-Watt

41 Dundee

48th Stirling

51st Robert Gordon University

60th Glasgow Caledonian

61st QM Edinburgh

95th Abertay

No other Scottish Universities listed.

So yeah, yeah it is a quantitative fact. 3rd best in Scotland.

Any idea what Stirling came top for? Was it the 2009 table as know we topped the Scottish Times table with some sort of achievement a few weeks back.

f**k me, they've basically made the process as byzantine as possible so they can f**k about with your grade if they feel like it, I reckon!

Percentage ratings aren't really appropriate for subjects like Law or the Arts though.
Well yes, it can be reduced to a specific grade. It's easier to break down into 20 or so categories than 100.

The importance of science relative to the arts is purely your own opinion. There's nothing unreasonable at all about expecting sciences to convert from a percentage into a grade, because that is easier to do than the other way round.

Pish, pish, pish. What is appropriate - some sliding scale of platitudes from "excellent" to "awful"?

Just because the academic discipline itself isn't scientific doesn't mean that it can't be graded in a methodical fashion.

I've somehow managed to get a 5A for an in-class essay I did for Leisure Management.

I have absolutely no idea how I've managed to f**k up that badly. I thought I'd actually written a fairly decent essay, and was expecting a 2C at the worst.

I'm going to e-mail the folk running the course to see if I can at least get an explanation, just to see if I answered the wrong question or something like that.

I'm really annoyed! It's not that I'm like "I'M GREAT! HOW DARE YOU!?" - I'd just like to know why I got such a low mark for an essay that was properly written/of decent length/not completely idiotic (hopefully) :lol:

I've somehow managed to get a 5A for an in-class essay I did for Leisure Management.

I have absolutely no idea how I've managed to f**k up that badly. I thought I'd actually written a fairly decent essay, and was expecting a 2C at the worst.

I'm going to e-mail the folk running the course to see if I can at least get an explanation, just to see if I answered the wrong question or something like that.

I'm really annoyed! It's not that I'm like "I'M GREAT! HOW DARE YOU!?" - I'd just like to know why I got such a low mark for an essay that was properly written/of decent length/not completely idiotic (hopefully) :lol:

Unlucky mate, how did you get on with the individual piece for Management?

I would definetely look into that man. Either it was complete garbage or a mistake was made on WebCT (which ive seen before btw). Worth making a querey if you think it was at least passable.

I would definetely look into that man. Either it was complete garbage or a mistake was made on WebCT (which ive seen before btw). Worth making a querey if you think it was at least passable.

The question was something like "Using specific examples, identify stakeholders involved in the provision of a leisure activity, and describe the reasons for their involvement."

I wrote about a tennis club providing an open day, and described 5 stakeholders; the organisers, the participants, the owners of the courts, ActiveScotland, and a sponsor.

Apparently I should've written about more general stakeholders (despite the "specific examples" bit) and for more than one leisure activity.

I can see why I've been marked down, but I feel the question was a bit too ambiguous for them to be that picky with the marking.

Ah well, it's only 10% of the course, I'm not going to greet about it :)

Exam timetable up, could have been worse I guess...

Pest Control 12/1 10am Colvile 4.29

Housing Policy 15/1 2pm Colville 4.30

Water Management 18/1 2pm Sports Hall

Atmospheric Pollution 19/1 10am James Weir 2.12

Food Inspection 21/1 2pm Sports Hall

Health and Safety 22/1 10am Colville 5.11

:o

I've had two Saturday exams since I started uni.

The first was 9:30am til 11:30am , and we were away to Hearts that day, so I met my brother in Glasgow after it and headed straight through to Tynecastle, still with my ruler, calculator and pens in my pocket. We won 2-0 and I got an A for the exam, so it was a good day.

The other one was another morning exam last year, but Killie were playing on the Sunday anyway.

I have heard of folk having exams on Saturdays at 2pm, which would be a disaster. I have a recurring nightmare that I am going to have one at that time on the day of the Scottish Cup final or a relegation decider or something.