Who's Going To Uni?

:rolleyes: see this is one of the interesting things about a place like the P&B. AFAIA I've never met anyone on this site in person, yet Lord Xbass has now devised a neat little (condescending) construct about both my life, and my personality, from a collection of written posts on a website. Fantastic stuff. Top marks.

. . .

But no you're quire right Lord Xbass, I'm just a life-long student waster who works in halls to perve over 17 and 18 year-old girls and walk about thinking I'm a big man, with nothing else in my life ;) ... Thanks for filling me in on this. It took a philosophical luminary such as yourself to identify my plight for me :) !!

:rolleyes:

This strikes a chord.

Btw I would agree with the sentiments that a lot of wardens can be a bit odd. (I can say this safely - Were it not for residential life staff (i.e. were it just freshers, on their own, in halls) plenty people would come off worse. IMO.

What a pompous post. I can only go by the content of your posts, but you seem to fit nicely into my earlier description. Who do you think you are, superman? With your constant pushing of your own views onto others, your misplaced belief that you somehow know better than everyone else, and your clucking over your fellow students like a creepy hen, its not forming a pretty picture at all. You tell them whether they can smoke or not, you dictate their eating and drinking habits , and now you somehow think that you, the creepy hen, are some sort of weird counsellor. So now you want to tell people what and not to think? Frankly, its alarming.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Lord Xbass of Lichtie

For what it's worth, I don't even know the names of my hall wardens. I'll give them a bit of banter when I come stumbling through the door at 4am, but aside from that I don't even see them. And if I had any pressing issues, they'd be very low down on the list of people I'd go to.

But that's not to say that it's the same for everyone.

Our elections are carried out online, huge numbers of people stand and run campaigns. Those who can't be bothered to vote, or can't be bothered to think about how they are voting, get what they deserve...

:P

Hmm, must be a more stringent system than Strathclydes, where the last union post was elected thanks to some 150 votes out of the entire student roll...

Elected reps should have their powers reduced on the basis that the majority of voters are likely to be mentalists, and as such, shouldn't be trusted around an unplugged dry kettle, never mind powers to ban products.

Edited by vikingTON

So yeah, has anyone ever done the Legal Systems multiple-choice open book exam at Glasgow for Sources and Institutions of Scots Law? If so... is it REALLY (as they say) harder than it looks, or are they taking the piss?

Also Contract Law: remedies for breaches:- what the actual ____?

no he wasn't. he probably would have won an election had there been one though.

Doubt it. The Nazi partys vote percentage decreced from the election in early 1932 and late 1932 as germany started to emerge from the great depression.

His party was elected by the German public. He then put the Enabling Act through the Reichstag, where it was passed.

Wrong. His party gain the largest MINORITY much like the SNP in 2007. President Hindenburg appointed him chancelor under much durrres.

The Nazis did gain a majority in the Reichstag and Hitler was appointed Chancellor.

Again, largest minority! NO party gained a majority during the Weimar republic! In the November 1932 elections the NSDAP only recieved 33% of the vote. They still only recieved 44% after Hitler was in power in March 1933, but the results of those elections could be dubious.

It has, and I didn't want it to, but I'm sure yourself and (some) others appreciate that I'm hardly going to let someone describe me as variously a creep, a perve, suggest that I brain-wash people and impose draconian measures on them, want to ban smoking, etc. etc. without putting up some kind of defence in the opposite. I think that's a reasonable right on the P&B.

Absolutely, and I think that xbl and his cronies are bang out of order.

But he's always been a bit wacko, so nothing he says should really be taken seriously.

To elaborate, I've found my source paper for History last year, and the exam was 15th May. I think I had Sociology on the 12th, Psychology and Politics later on in the month.

Edited by vikingTON

A while back, there seemed to be some chat about posting lots on P&B makes you boring.

That's lies. I'm fucking awesome.

Also Contract Law: remedies for breaches:- what the actual ____?

Are you having trouble with this, or saying that it's really really simple? :lol:

If you are struggling, which particular aspect has you troubled? I did a contract law module last year and think I've retained most of the knowledge. I've got my notes here, too.

To elaborate, I've found my source paper for History last year, and the exam was 15th May. I think I had Sociology on the 12th, Psychology and Politics later on in the month.

As long as my timetable allows me to leave the country on the 7th of June, I'm happy. Hopefully this will be the case.

As long as my timetable allows me to leave the country on the 7th of June, I'm happy. Hopefully this will be the case.

I went on holiday June 9th this year and all the exams were finished the week previous.

Edited by vikingTON

So he struts about, leering at the fresher girls, while they laugh at him behind his back for his unwillingness to leave the safe confines of campus life.

Haven't you previously posted about having attractive girls in your classes being one of the "perks" of helping in tutorials?