Who's Going To Uni?

I'm not entirely sure either mate, sorry. With Sports Studies, we were told we had to average a 2F or better to get onto honours. Maybe it's the same with all subjects? I'm going to pick my subjects later. Also got Managing Organisations and either something like Intro to Marketing or another Sports module.

Just make sure you get above a 2F in what you can and you shall be fine! In History it was only second semester of 2nd year that you have to get 2Fs to get to honours, same with politics I am led to believe.

Any Stirling people know what time Pathfoot shuts at? I wouldn't have thought it'd be open all night, and it's too cold and wet to go all the way there to find it closed. I've an essay to hand in up there, and if I got it done tonight I'll have nothing to get up for tomorrow morning.

Any Stirling people know what time Pathfoot shuts at? I wouldn't have thought it'd be open all night, and it's too cold and wet to go all the way there to find it closed. I've an essay to hand in up there, and if I got it done tonight I'll have nothing to get up for tomorrow morning.

I'm pretty sure it's open all night for the computer labs. I've been in there as early as 5am before for last minute studying, so unless it opens stupendously early I'd imagine it'll be open all night.

We had shiteloads of exams, but in the first two years we had exemption schemes based on coursework marks. I was exempt from every exam.

First year:

Semester 1 - four exams (I did 1)

Semester 2 - six exams (I did 3)

Second year:

Semester 1 - five exams (I did 4)

Semester 2 - five exams (I did 1)

Third year:

Semester 1 - four exams

Semester 2 - four exams

Fourth year:

Semester 1 - on placement, assessed by report

Semester 2 - four exams

Fifth year:

Semester 1 - no exams (all exams done at the end)

Semester 2 - four exams (two 100% coursework classes and a dissertation)

Its open all night but some of the corriders get alarmed. Got my essay handed in. One exam to go.

Do you know if the history corridor gets allarmed? I quite fancy bribing a mate to drive me up and hand the essay in at some obscene time in the morning.

We had shiteloads of exams, but in the first two years we had exemption schemes based on coursework marks. I was exempt from every exam.

First year:

Semester 1 - four exams (I did 1)

Semester 2 - six exams (I did 3)

Second year:

Semester 1 - five exams (I did 4)

Semester 2 - five exams (I did 1)

Third year:

Semester 1 - four exams

Semester 2 - four exams

Fourth year:

Semester 1 - on placement, assessed by report

Semester 2 - four exams

Fifth year:

Semester 1 - no exams (all exams done at the end)

Semester 2 - four exams (two 100% coursework classes and a dissertation)

They don't give exemptions in second year anymore! I've got five exams in January. In first year I was exempt from all my January exams but had two in May, one of which was multiple choice.

They don't give exemptions in second year anymore! I've got five exams in January. In first year I was exempt from all my January exams but had two in May, one of which was multiple choice.

Really? That's a complete bag of w**k :( how's the course going anyway?

Anyone at University Of Abertay Dundee? Looking to go there after I've completed my HND in June.

Whats it like, basically?

You looking to go into gaming too, or? If you are I might see you there. 8)

You looking to go into gaming too, or? If you are I might see you there. 8)

I'm doing Animation at the moment but I see myself as more of a designer. Technical drawing is more suited to my interests. I took Animation as it kept me in education whilst it kept my options open. Having completed three quarters of the cource now I'm starting to get quite into the idea of staying within the Animation industry. Computer Animation is pretty young and there's plenty of work. Strangely Dundee is the industries hub for Europe. I'm not entierly happy with the idea of moving up there but I might be a cracking experiance, assuming I get a place.

What are you studying at the moment and what do you hope to do at Dundee?

Everyone seems to be really worried about Dundee, but it's reputation really doesn't match up with the student experience, in 99.9% of cases. Everyone I know who moved up to Dundee for Uni absolutely loves it.

Aye, I know a few folk who have enjoyed it so far.

I'd like to know more about accommodation and the general cost of living before I decide my future. I'll likely go into second year if I take Dundee, where as at Paisley Uni I'd go into third year but I'd have far less contacts within the industry and probably have to move do Dundee anyway to get a job.