Who's Going To Uni?

Subjects picked. Intro to Marketing and Public Management and Administration. I picked the latter solely on the strength of the lecturer emailing us to tell us how class it is.

I've nae picked mine. If can do a joint degree in Business with Sports Studies then will choose the 2 Sports modules which are mandatory for all Sports Studies students.

Anyone interested in another update on my Smoking Kills thing, public details released at last night's SRC:

- all cigarette vending machines removed by January (coincidentally all non-skill gambling machines too)

- all cigars removed from sale in bars

- all cigarettes going beneath the counter as soon as viable in each location, and by September 2010 latest

BOO! Give people life-choices, don't make them for them.

They'll just buy said ciggies and cigars elsewhere, and you'll be the ones hit in the pocket.

Nanny State loses to Free Market.

They'll just buy said ciggies and cigars elsewhere, and you'll be the ones hit in the pocket.

Take ones free market and insert it into ones rectum.

University unions often make decisions for ethical rather than financial reasons though.

For that same reason, I can't buy a KitKat in the QMU when I want one.

University unions often make decisions for ethical rather than financial reasons though.

For that same reason, I can't buy a KitKat in the QMU when I want one.

Absolute fascism. They should sell only Nestle and advertise Cuban Cigar specials.

The Nestle Boycott is a complete joke.

Absolute fascism. They should sell only Nestle and advertise Cuban Cigar specials.

The Nestle Boycott is a complete joke.

I personally find the Nestle boycott and now tobacco restrictions somewhat cringeworthy

I hate being a student at Glasgow when things like this happen. Why do some feel the need to be so annoying, the 'occupation' of the Computing building last year being the most serious offender

I personally find the Nestle boycott and now tobacco restrictions somewhat cringeworthy

I hate being a student at Glasgow when things like this happen. Why do some feel the need to be so annoying, the 'occupation' of the Computing building last year being the most serious offender

Students are by and large wankers.

Perhaps because I'm a bit older and thus don't have a lot of friends at University, but the vast majority of other students are twats.

Anyone interested in another update on my Smoking Kills thing, public details released at last night's SRC:

- all cigarette vending machines removed by January (coincidentally all non-skill gambling machines too)

Please tell me that doesn't include the quiz machine?!?

Students are by and large wankers.

Perhaps because I'm a bit older and thus don't have a lot of friends at University, but the vast majority of other students are twats.

I didn't do a sixth year, so I was younger than your typical student for a year or two - and I agreed. I don't find students any more annoying than any other section of society, though.

Many students feel the need to jump on bandwagons, or else to feel 'ethical'. Some of them can't hoist in that your opinion doesn't have to be uniform with that of everyone else.

I've seen a couple of pretty pathectic examples so far, including a girl who got herself thrown off the campus for badgering people with pro-Palestine propaganda.

Students are wankers.

Edit: I find the people with clipboards that bother you on Princes St more irritating, though. If I want to sign up for your cause, I'm quite sure I'd approach you. Leave me alone please.

I must look like some kind of weirdo when I walk towards these people. Everytime I do, I always bring out my phone and pretend I've got a text - saves me having to tell them I'm not interested.

Edited by Sjoerd Janssen

I think Stirling has gone from being one of the more "radical" Universities (so I hear), to one of the most apathetic when it comes to protests and stuff. There is still a hardcore of folk who jump on stuff like Nestle, and the Queen, but it's not like there are sit-ins and mass placard waving.

In fact, the only proper protest I've seen recently was a load of staff members protesting against redundancies.

- all cigars removed from sale in bars

- all cigarettes going beneath the counter as soon as viable in each location, and by September 2010 latest

First they came for the smokers...

Hitler was elected democratically too.