Who's Going To Uni?

Have narrowed my choices down to 5 -

Glasgow

Edinburgh

St. Andrews

Strathclyde

Dundee

Not sure whether I stand much of a chance of getting in to Edinburgh or St. Andrews, and Glasgow is doubtful although it is probably my first choice. I would be happy with any of these 5.

Need to send in my UCAS application soon. I'm really not sure how to go about things. Can I send in my choices before completing my personal statement, or should I wait until I've finished it?

Glasgow

Edinburgh

St. Andrews

Strathclyde

Dundee

Not sure whether I stand much of a chance of getting in to Edinburgh or St. Andrews, and Glasgow is doubtful although it is probably my first choice. I would be happy with any of these 5.

Need to send in my UCAS application soon. I'm really not sure how to go about things. Can I send in my choices before completing my personal statement, or should I wait until I've finished it?

I thought you needed to enter the personal statement before the form could be completed. You can enter the choices obviously but I would wait till you've finished your personal statement before sending off the application.

Finally finished all my exams and back home in Aberdeen for Christmas :D

I have promised myself not to look at anything to do with the Law of Delict until lecture 1. Contract was annoying enough.

I could punt you a delict book pretty cheap if you don't already have it?*

*Provided there isn't a new edition out.

Got an upper second for my Politics essay and a first for tutorial contribution, so that's gone well. Not looking forward to getting the Spanish results though.

I did distinctly worse in my second essay than I did in the first one but likewise got a first for the tutorial contribution.

I wonder what some of the girls who said absolutely nothing in our tutorial group will have got ;)

I did distinctly worse in my second essay than I did in the first one but likewise got a first for the tutorial contribution.

I wonder what some of the girls who said absolutely nothing in our tutorial group will have got ;)

Aye, I look forward to finding out. ;)

I could punt you a delict book pretty cheap if you don't already have it?*

*Provided there isn't a new edition out.

Cheers, but I've already got the Delict book and the relevant one was new this year, as I had to bring it to Waterstones' attention that Glasgow were wanting the 4th edition and they were selling the 3rd!

Edited by Exuberant

Not in law it's not.

He's right, you filthy plebians. Just get back to your menial jobs and don't argue with the real upper crust.

Have you ironed your law society blazer, Exuberant? It's just that I was wondering if you fancied a bit of dwarf tossing. Huzzah!

Glasgow

Edinburgh

St. Andrews

Strathclyde

Dundee

That's the five I applied for, what are you applying for?

Cheers, but I've already got the Delict book and the relevant one was new this year, as I had to bring it to Waterstones' attention that Glasgow were wanting the 4th edition and they were selling the 3rd!

Acht, was worth a try!

How often does the law differ "radically"? :huh:

In the case of taxation law, that could be every year. I feel sorry for anyone who actually does write a book on that; it's out of date when the annual Finance Act is passed.

Generally, you'll get about 3-4 years before the book has to be updated to cover new aspects, changes to statute, new case law etc.