Who's Going To Uni?

Yeah I live close but I know someone who comes from Falkirk area, he would've been in Glasgow when that email was sent.

I walked in the Colville building before I found out they had stopped classes yesterday! :angry:

At least there was no conductor on the way down the road so I didn't feel quite so bad. :)

I do however have cinema tickets for Thursday, so they better fix the trains! :angry:

I walked in the Colville building before I found out they had stopped classes yesterday! :angry:

At least there was no conductor on the way down the road so I didn't feel quite so bad. :)

I do however have cinema tickets for Thursday, so they better fix the trains! :angry:

I wonder what they'll do with my maths, because the double lecture was cancelled today, and we're supposed to have the tutorial on thursday but we've not been taught what we'll be studying. The notes are pretty shit as well.

I wonder what they'll do with my maths, because the double lecture was cancelled today, and we're supposed to have the tutorial on thursday but we've not been taught what we'll be studying. The notes are pretty shit as well.

Mate uni looks like being over for the week, let's not get hopes up...

I've missed one compulsory lecture and I don't see my old boss making his way through the snow on Thursday to give it... :(

I've missed one compulsory lecture and I don't see my old boss making his way through the snow on Thursday to give it... :(

I can't see teaching resuming this week, staff may be expected in which is fair enough.

Glasgow university has cancelled the exams on Wednesday and Thursday.

Except the fucking Computing Science lab exam <_<

I couldn't make it in today due to the bus not being on. I then got an e-mail saying I was to go tomorrow and about 2 hours later another one saying that ALL exams were cancelled Wednesday and Thursday. But then the Lecturer comes on the e-mails saying that the lab exams are still on. If I break my leg tomorrow I will sue this Uni. I hate the subject enough as it is, without being dragged in to do possibly the worst computer programming task ever.

Apparently the lecture was actually on, I hope this week is off, but I've got two labs to hand in for Friday so I will need to go in then, probably.

Lectures are cancelled tomorrow at Strathclyde biggrin.gif

Edited by forehead7

I've come into Uni for a few hours of studying. The fiancee is picking me up later on.

Easy enough to get in, just took it easy and took our time, no problems.

Lectures are cancelled tomorrow at Strathclyde biggrin.gif

Why are you happy about this? :blink: Just means you'll either miss the information or have to make the time up.

I'd rather all my lectures were on, well the food hygiene ones anyway, I don't go to the other two as one is beyond boring and the lecturer is shit, and the other is 100% coursework.

The official email we got as invigilators was that we should assume exams are going ahead unless specifically cancelled, but if people can't make it, then deferment requests will be treated sympathetically, and the rule about not letting in those arriving late is being relaxed.

Heard any more about tomorrow's exams? I'm supposed to be in but I'm seriously considering requesting a deferral. I really don't want to have to drag my arse to Uni tomorrow, when there's the option of doing it in January instead.

Why are you happy about this? :blink: Just means you'll either miss the information or have to make the time up.

I'd rather all my lectures were on, well the food hygiene ones anyway I don't go to the other two as one is, beyond boring and the lecturer is shit, and the other is 100% coursework.

You answered your own question ;)

Edited by Enigma

I'd rather all my lectures were on, well the food hygiene ones anyway, I don't go to the other two as one is beyond boring and the lecturer is shit, and the other is 100% coursework.

Tomorrow's class is Geology, it's just revising since we've finished the coursework.

Slightly paranoid that they will postpone my exams and relocate them for a day I've already got an exam. For some reason Philosophy seem to be postponing all their exams for Monday, when I already have a politics exam, so if this week's Philosophy of Quantum Mechanics exam is postponed until Monday then I'll either have two in the same day which would just be annoying or I would have two at the same time, which as I am not a dead cat would be impossible.

I am at that stage where I am doing an essay, which is my last piece of course work due in on Friday, and I know the deadline is close and I'll be free (hopefully) for a few weeks. But just can't muster the enthusiasm to get it done.

I'll write a hundred words then go and muck about. Come back do 200 words then go on the internet. Even though it is drivel I pretty much know what I want to write but really can't be bothered. My apathy towards uni is worrying. Considering I am in my last year. <_<

Same for me. I'm in my Honours year and because of how well I did in third year I only need 60% in two modules this semester to pretty much guarantee a 2:1 (I'd only need 40% in my other module this semester and 40% in my two modules next semester).

I've done well enough in my coursework for both these classes to ensure I only need about half marks in the exams to get 60% overall, but I'm struggling to find the motivation to study for them.

Just emailed studentprogrammes@stir.ac.uk and told them that there were no trains and the roads are showing no signs of improvement. No reply yet.

How soon before the exam do you need to wait before applying? I've never had do before and only want to as a last resort but if the weather doesn't improve by Friday it may be more nuisance than it's worth to get to Stirling.