Who's Going To Uni?

What? :huh:

Very long story.

I have the option of negating the fine by threatening to fail my exams. Depends how steep it is.

:lol:

There's only 15-20 of us who go to the lectures (out of about 25). No disruption was caused.

Maybe they were pissed you brought chocolate and they brought...er nothing.

There's always someone trying to upstage you dry.gif

Maybe they were pissed you brought chocolate and they brought...er nothing.

There's always someone trying to upstage you dry.gif

Possibly. They seemed to enjoy the sweets, but you never know, some people might well have felt like that. I didn't make a big deal out of bringing them or anything though.

Are they looking for £4k because you borrowed a library book in 1843 and haven't brought it back?

Possibly. They seemed to enjoy the sweets, but you never know, some people might well have felt like that. I didn't make a big deal out of bringing them or anything though.

Are they looking for £4k because you borrowed a library book in 1843 and haven't brought it back?

If it was a short loan it might have been taken out on about 13th April last year...

Explain...

It's a study abroad thing, they accepted me with a financial statement of 8'000 - which I don't really have but could probably get together - but now they are saying the absolute minimum I will need is about 12,000. And that is not including plane tickets, health insurance etc. And there is a fine for cancelling, and despite asking earlier nobody told me what it is.

Melbourne has experienced a big property boom in the last few years which means I am looking at minimum 12,000 to stay in a rural hut.

I haven't taken a single book out of that library, so I wouldn't actually know. :lol:

4 years and you've never taken out a short loan book?

It's a study abroad thing, they accepted me with a financial statement of 8'000 - which I don't really have but could probably get together - but now they are saying the absolute minimum I will need is about 12,000. And that is not including plane tickets, health insurance etc. And there is a fine for cancelling, and despite asking earlier nobody told me what it is.

Melbourne has experienced a big property boom in the last few years which means I am looking at minimum 12,000 to stay in a rural hut.

Meh, serves you right for applying to a non-Erasmus institution.

4 years and you've never taken out a short loan book?

Nope.

I think it's because I'm doing a numerical subject, and I haven't ever really needed to do any essays or anything else which has required me to reference any texts. There have been recommended reading books for a lot of the courses, but I've generally just studied from the lecture notes and it has been a success so far.

I thought about studying abroad, but decided against it for the same financial reasons you are facing now. Is there any way you can source a sponsorship or something similar from somewhere? Otherwise, perhaps apply for a job as an extra on Neighbours?

Meh, serves you right for applying to a non-Erasmus institution.

What difference would that make? It's not as if I am paying fees or anything, and I'm still getting SAAS money.

I thought about studying abroad, but decided against it for the same financial reasons you are facing now. Is there any way you can source a sponsorship or something similar from somewhere? Otherwise, perhaps apply for a job as an extra on Neighbours?

Yeah, most people figure that out before they face a fine though rolleyes.gif

I'll discuss that sort of thing but it's probably unlikely. There was alarm bells when almost everyone I spoke to said their parents are paying, maybe its just something for the rich folk. That said, a guy at the fair last year said he went to Australia for a year and it only cost him £8,000 and he 'went out every night'. f**k knows how much that misinformation will cost me now.

I did have something lined up out there, but I'd end up being a linesman to some 14 year old ref - as all levels of Australia football have linesman. It probably won't be enough, and I don't want to go out there and then run out of money in a few months.

Fucking A, had one Monday just gone and have one for this Monday. I put a lot more work in for lab reports and they're worth less than the assignments!

I have 5 to make sure are absolutely mint before tomorrow.

Right shite so they are, you think you're done then another wee niggly time consuming thing turns up.

Politics essay almost finished. Just a few tweaks (perhaps somewhat ironic when I make reference to the 'dodgy dossier' and Campbell's 'spin' in said essay). I meant even make a start on my History essay as well. I should just pull an all-nighter because I slept fairly late today and I have a day off tomorrow.

Also just checked my e-mail account and my HRM lecture on Thursday is cancelled due to industrial action by the UCU :unsure: Anyone else 'affected'?

Politics essay almost finished. Just a few tweaks (perhaps somewhat ironic when I make reference to the 'dodgy dossier' and Campbell's 'spin' in said essay). I meant even make a start on my History essay as well. I should just pull an all-nighter because I slept fairly late today and I have a day off tomorrow.

Also just checked my e-mail account and my HRM lecture on Thursday is cancelled due to industrial action by the UCU :unsure: Anyone else 'affected'?

My Maths Lecturer sent us an email saying that he would be away to "protect the pensions of current and future UK university staff". Wanker.

My Maths Lecturer sent us an email saying that he would be away to "protect the pensions of current and future UK university staff". Wanker.

So he's gone off to become a hedgefund manager? Fair enough.

So he's gone off to become a hedgefund manager? Fair enough.

I've only just seen on the BBC website that staff at eight universities, including Stirling, are taking industrial action today.

There doesn't seem to be anything on the Stirling Uni website about it, though.

Any Stirling students know anything about it? I don't fancy driving in just to find out that my lecturers are staying at home picketing.