Who's Going To Uni?

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahaaha.....aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahhahaahaha

Cower ye, oh brief mortal, for your hour of misery is approaching!

Be careful XBL, remember what happened when we tweaked 'The Master's' tail about starting a PHd..... :lol:

'Having trouble with the technology there?'

"You can bet your sweet ass I am..."

Another day in the hapless life of Richard Finlay.

In fairness he has got a lot on his plate. Picking which attractive female he is going to rifle next will no doubt occupy a lot of his time and effort.

My essay has been rounded off at 3700 words. 17 texts in the bibliography, 20 footnotes and a shitload of Primary Source material: looking to get above 70 for it.

Have an essay to start and complete on Darien and the Union for the end of the month, then a research proposal for the start of May. Workload is good.

You okay for source material on Darien?

I have no doubt it will be a pain at times, but hopefully I'll manage to get through it :lol:

Of the (nearly) Doctors on here, I believe Renton is almost at the end, Gordon EF was doing one, I'm failing miserably at one, and The Master is also (presumably) having a hissy fit through his! Err, if you need advice, its probably best not asking any of us...

Of the (nearly) Doctors on here, I believe Renton is almost at the end, Gordon EF was doing one, I'm failing miserably at one, and The Master is also (presumably) having a hissy fit through his! Err, if you need advice, its probably best not asking any of us...

That, without context, pretty much sums me up :lol:

Out of interest, what are you all doing PhD's in?

Tee-hee, PhD.

Mines is in Microsystems/Electronics. More specifically in developing novel manufacturing techniques and devices using a process for destabilising polymer surfaces under electrostatic fields.

That, without context, pretty much sums me up :lol:

Now you mention it, its a pretty good summary of me as well. :(

Out of interest, what are you all doing PhD's in?

I'm doing mine in speech processing, developing a multimodal, adaptive, context aware, intelligent speech enhancement framework for filtering speech using both audio and visual information in environments where conventional mono modal measures struggle.

Now you mention it, its a pretty good summary of me as well. :(

Within context, I am writing up- or trying to, the last few weeks I've got through diddly squat. This is becuase the end of march was the end of my PHd funding, so I spent the last two months searching for jobs, trying to get RA work and basically falling to pieces.

I had three job interviews in the last two weeks, and expecting to hear back aobut two of them by the end of the week. I've also secured 6 months additional Uni funding and a further month's funding writing a technology road map for future chemical sensor designs. Thing is, there is one job, that if it were offered, and despite having to write up my PHd in my own time then, would be hard to turn down.....

Within context, I am writing up- or trying to, the last few weeks I've got through diddly squat. This is becuase the end of march was the end of my PHd funding, so I spent the last two months searching for jobs, trying to get RA work and basically falling to pieces.

I had three job interviews in the last two weeks, and expecting to hear back aobut two of them by the end of the week. I've also secured 6 months additional Uni funding and a further month's funding writing a technology road map for future chemical sensor designs. Thing is, there is one job, that if it were offered, and despite having to write up my PHd in my own time then, would be hard to turn down.....

Mine finished in November. Been doing stats work and teaching to keep the wolf from the door...but I've got a few months of write up to do. Haven't even contemplated the future, I just need to get this stuff out of the way! I'm also homeless in June, so got that to sort out. I did get a paper conditionally accepted for the big journal (IEEE Trans.), but so many corrections to do. Hate self. Hate PhD.

f**k you University of Glasgow <_<

The exam timetable's out. Exams are spread fairly evenly but...

I have exams at the absolute start and end of the diet, and the only afternoon exam I have clashes with the final day home game at Firhill against Raith Rovers :angry: by the time I get out the exam and up to Firhill there would be a max 20 minutes left of the game. I have 2 Saturday exams and 3 9:30 exams.

Poltiics 2B - Thursday 28th April 9:30-11:30 <_<

Commercial Law - Saturday 7th May 14:00-16:00 :angry:

Business Organisations - Saturday 14th May 9:30-11:30 <_<

Property Law - Wednesday 18th May 9:30-11:30 <_<

Edited by Ad Lib