Who's Going To Uni?

^^ Goes to Glasgow, makes my point look stronger.

The irony of you making a sweeping generalisation is also hilarious.

And I have no idea where you got self loathing from? I hate upper class Glasgow uni types, not myself.

What a hilarious defensive post.

But, yeah, my initial point was totally correct. You said that Glasgow uni students are "fairly cuntish".

I'm sure everyone else is the problem and not you.

Glasgow Uni students are fairly cuntish IMO. That's one thing that is annoying for me, I don't really hang about with folk at my halls (most of which are weirdos/dicks) cause I go out to Strathclyde all the time if I'm going out due to the people there being a lot more decent and less wanky, so they think I'm a recluse!

Still glad I chose Glasgow though. It's a much, much nicer Uni and area in general and there's still a prestige about a Glasgow degree because its such an old, respected institution.

I think at Glasgow the most cuntish ones are the loudest ones, hence you will notice them more.

I've found most people are generally alright.

Only a total moron would suggest I meant absolutely everyone. Obviously there's plenty of decent folk, but in my experiences so far GU has a higher % of posh boys than at Strathcylde.

You're right. What dickhead would suggest otherwise?

Glasgow Uni students are fairly cuntish IMO. That's one thing that is annoying for me, I don't really hang about with folk at my halls (most of which are weirdos/dicks) cause I go out to Strathclyde all the time if I'm going out due to the people there being a lot more decent and less wanky, so they think I'm a recluse!

Still glad I chose Glasgow though. It's a much, much nicer Uni and area in general and there's still a prestige about a Glasgow degree because its such an old, respected institution.

Most Glasgow Uni students are called Farquhar, saunter about with ukeleles and satchels, while also shitting in pint glasses and wearing "RAPE: PLAY THE GAME" t-shirts. They're usually found in Kelvingrove Park or independent record/book/coffee shops in the leafy West End.

A strange and eclectic bunch.

You are the one suggesting I meant every single person in the Uni, any normal person would realise I meant in general.

Hmm, no. You were the one suggesting it.

Anybody here went to Napier? what the general consensus of people like?

Its like a flock of sheep. A couple people tend to make the decision, and then everyone agrees and does the same thing, but thats not important right now.

Most Glasgow Uni students are called Farquhar, saunter about with ukeleles and satchels, while also shitting in pint glasses and wearing "RAPE: PLAY THE GAME" t-shirts. They're usually found in Kelvingrove Park or independent record/book/coffee shops in the leafy West End.

A strange and eclectic bunch.

As much as I'd like to argue otherwise, that's pretty much spot on

You're right, I'm making it sound like its overrun by the rugby team. There's plenty of decent folk, I just prefer my mates at Strathclyde to the folk in my halls (who aren't that bad tbh, even if I was saying they were earlier).

Oh god... the rugby team.

*shudders*

Just got an unconditional place for a taught postgrad at Glasgow Uni, really pleased. Going depends on getting money from the SAAS and as the course is £5000, raising the £1,600 shortfall.

Got to try though as they majority of jobs in my field require some sort of graduate qualification.

When do you start applying for postgrads? I have been invited to do one by Aberdeen since I am doing pretty well in my undergrad, I never really looked into the process as tbh I want a job ASAP but what is the deal with postgrad? Do you have to do UCAS and all that shite again?

Just got an unconditional place for a taught postgrad at Glasgow Uni, really pleased. Going depends on getting money from the SAAS and as the course is £5000, raising the £1,600 shortfall.

Got to try though as they majority of jobs in my field require some sort of graduate qualification.

When do you start applying for postgrads? I have been invited to do one by Aberdeen since I am doing pretty well in my undergrad, I never really looked into the process as tbh I want a job ASAP but what is the deal with postgrad? Do you have to do UCAS and all that shite again?

No you don't need to go through UCAS, you can apply directly to the institution you want to go to.

I don't know about all courses but I think in general you can apply until about August but there re some exceptions to that I think so best check the course you want to do. I'd also add the earlier the better in terms of looking for funding as many grants and bursaries seem to be done around now - indeed many I have looked at for this Sept are closed already.

I'm so bored of presentations. Every other bloody week we have to do one and we get around 24 hours notice each time if we're lucky. This time, however, it's a presentation we make to the class, who then vote on the best one, which gets presented to the School of Health along with the best from all the other classes. The winning one becomes a campaign that will run through the year at the uni. We were all set for doing the bare minimum so it would all go away until our facilitator came and demanded that our class is going to win. I'm still trying to get away with doing as little as possible while making it look like I can be arsed.