Who's Going To Uni?

A2 for my first Law Essay. Pleasantly surprised.

Don't see it lasting. Property Exam back soon...

Christ, the whole "OMG I'm going to faaaaaiiiillllll everything cause I'm soooooooo coooooollll" attitude seems to be a country-wide thing :rolleyes:

Christ, the whole "OMG I'm going to faaaaaiiiillllll everything cause I'm soooooooo coooooollll" attitude seems to be a country-wide thing :rolleyes:

It's called modesty you tool :rolleyes:

Anyone who goes about claiming they expect an A just looks like a complete fud.

No you're not :lol:

Thanks for keeping us informed though. I look forward to hearing of the A1 you got for your next essay even though you didn't study once and you were out all night in your law blazer the previous day

This is quite funny when I was talking to GotS today, and he seems to find it rather funny that hes been percieved as a posh c**t on here ;)

No you're not :lol:

Thanks for keeping us informed though. I look forward to hearing of the A1 you got for your next essay even though you didn't study once and you were out all night in your law blazer the previous day

I'll sign it off "Shawfield Stallion" so you can take a slice of my glory.

Until they get the A that is ;)

This is quite funny when I was talking to GotS today, and he seems to find it rather funny that hes been percieved as a posh c**t on here ;)

It's bizarre. I'll have to rehabilitate myself at Fives.

I must be getting old*.

"In my day" people submitted coursework and gave an honest assessment of how they thought they did. Nowadays, it seems to be "the in thing" to proclaim how shit you are.

*And I'm only 22. Blimey...

This. There's nothing better than someone who honestly outdoes their expectation. And nothing worse than some t*sser [often with inherent ability] who makes out they're so lucky to do so well. (Not I'm suggesting this if GotS).

Pfft...I would.

I must be getting old*.

"In my day" people submitted coursework and gave an honest assessment of how they thought they did. Nowadays, it seems to be "the in thing" to proclaim how shit you are.

*And I'm only 22. Blimey...

Are you saying it is unreasonable for me to have reservations about how I was going to do on an essay in a subject I'd never studied before?

Fair enough :lol: . Out of interest what are people's views on banning cigarette sales? It's proved contentious so far although surprisingly not as contentious as I might have expected - most people seem to support it!! Thoughts...?

Dislike smoking intensely but if people want to cover their lungs in tar, let them waste their money on it. Just don't let them breathe toxic fumes in my proximity.

Are you saying it is unreasonable for me to have reservations about how I was going to do on an essay in a subject I'd never studied before?

Yes. Yes I was.

Fair enough :lol: . Out of interest what are people's views on banning cigarette sales? It's proved contentious so far although surprisingly not as contentious as I might have expected - most people seem to support it!! Thoughts...?

On one hand I think it's a good idea, but on the other I think that if people want to kill themselves and pump profits into university shops at the same time, then so be it (I'm guessing that the shops are either run by the university or the union, or pay rent to be there?).

But having said that, you could get a lot of impressionable freshers who stagger into a shop when drunk and just follow the crowd in buying cigarettes.

But then if they're daft enough to be coerced...

(You wouldn't tell I'm doing a PhD in Argumentation Theory, would you :lol: )

Edited by Sir Calum Melville

What's the deal with the first essay you do being part of you final percentage?!

Couldn't they break you in with a wee diddy essay first?

:(

This for the Arts?

Politics isn't too bad. The questions are straightforward enough and relate pretty closely to what we've covered in our lectures.

That said I've not picked a question yet and it's due on Wednesday.

What's the deal with the first essay you do being part of you final percentage?!

Couldn't they break you in with a wee diddy essay first?

:(

If they did I probably wouldnae do it. Makes ye try harder if it is. At Stirling pretty much everything you hand in goes towards your percentage apart from stuff like practice questions.

I see your point though. Would give you an idea of things you were doing right/wrong like referencing.