Who's Going To Uni?

I've got a bible in my room too. A quick look at it reveals it's been very much vandalised.

I'd also recommend moving into halls for first year. It's a good experience, if nothing else - moving in one day to meet sixteen people from all over the place who you've got to live with for the next nine months or so. It's really upto you how you get on, if you chat to people and go out the first few nights, then you'll be set for the year really, but if you keep yourself to yourself I imagine you'll have a pretty miserable time of it. Can always go home at weekends to see your mates though.

Maybe it's just because Stirling is a uni where the majority of people seem to live either in Stirling or on-campus, but nobody really seems to talk to other people on the same course.. I'll chat away to people in tutorials, and I'll say hello if I see them out and about, but I wouldn't say they were mates.

Having said that, I know a couple of people at Napier who travel, andseem to have a few friends, so maybe it varies.

Edited by Paco

Maybe it's just because Stirling is a uni where the majority of people seem to live either in Stirling or on-campus, but nobody really seems to talk to other people on the same course.. I'll chat away to people in tutorials, and I'll say hello if I see them out and about, but I wouldn't say they were mates.

I found that as well. Thats why the commuters are cast outs

I found that as well. Thats why the commuters are cast outs

As has been said, it's what makes Stirling a kind of special case university. St Andrews is a special case university in other ways. As an example however... when in my 5th and 6th year at school - the Careers and HE/FE advisors were always saying that anyone thinking about Stirling should definitely visit it, think carefully about it etc. due to this. Probably a bit OTT, but highlights the way in which the experience can be perceived to be a bit unorthodox?

Think I'm going to Edinburgh Uni next year, really liked the set up. Thought that the sporting facilities on offer were fantastic, far superior too those at Stirling which I felt were very Impressive. I went to the open day, however didn't have time to visit the accomodation as i was heading back for the Saints game. Anyone staying in halls currently/have done in the past? Would like a a persoanl opinion rather than the usual drivel in the handouts etc..

Cheers.

Well, Dundee needs BBBB for Civil Engineering, which is only slightly better than what Abertay asks for (BBC).

Just apply and see what offers you get back.

Ah, but that slight difference makes all the difference. I would basically need 2 As and a B if i wanted to realistically go to Dundee uni.

Ah, but that slight difference makes all the difference. I would basically need 2 As and a B if i wanted to realistically go to Dundee uni.

As I say, there's no harm in applying and seeing what they send back. You get six choices, so that gives you four other options aside from Napier and Abertay.

Having said that, perhaps you should consider going to college first to get an HNC.

It's different when the course you want to do is only offered by one of the "new universities", but when it's something you can do practically anywhere, I'd always strive to go to one of pre-1992 places.

Edited by The Master

I take back my eariler praise for my Sitlring management lecturer lol. Forgot the lecture was on today and never turned up. I was 15 minutes late so it was much to my surprise when I got in that everyone was still sitting there. When he finally found out it was on he obviously wasnt ready for it. Thats £7.30 train fare i'll never see again. Just one of these things I suppose.

I take back my eariler praise for my Sitlring management lecturer lol. Forgot the lecture was on today and never turned up. I was 15 minutes late so it was much to my surprise when I got in that everyone was still sitting there. When he finally found out it was on he obviously wasnt ready for it. Thats £7.30 train fare i'll never see again. Just one of these things I suppose.

Aye, same here man. Is that the only lecture you had? Normally takes around 15-17 mins to come in from Falkirk. Today the journey lasted a good 35 minutes.

Aye, same here man. Is that the only lecture you had? Normally takes around 15-17 mins to come in from Falkirk. Today the journey lasted a good 35 minutes.

Ive got a law tutorial at 12 as well but I could have got my train fare for half the price if id went in off peak.

The flooding was a nightmare on the train lines. I normally get the 9.05 from Croy and am in Stirling for half past. Today I was barely there for 10 o'clock. My own fault really cos I was sat watching the GMTV weather thingy this morning and it said there was flooding in the Stirling area but I just sat there eating toast rather than going for the earlier train.

Yup, I went in as well. It only costs me £1.30, but it was the only thing I had today.

And it's raining!

What are you talking about? SAAS reimburse your travelling expenses anyway!

Aye so it's actually the taxpayer who should be livid after this apparent farce :angry: !! Quick, where's Stuart Dickson...

I claimed £500 more than I spent back in 2006, but this time will be fun as I'm a concession so pay less than £3 to get to Glasgow and a return is £10.10! Money, money, money! :D

Regarding the travel grant I missed the summer deadline so didn't apply for this term, will I be able to claim the money back as I must have spent around £300 on travel this term. Also, when is the deadline for claiming for next term?