Who's Going To Uni?

I'm hoping to do Geography at either Glasgow or Edinburgh. I'd be happy to go to either, or even somewhere like Aberdeem if I had to, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on the matter.

Cheers.

I'm in my third year at Geography at Glasgow, i really enjoy it, and if you like Geography i don't see why you wouldn't enjoy it.

Positives

You get to pick three subjects in your first year at glasgow, meaning that if you decide that Geography is not for you, you always have another 2 subjects which you can continue doing. (I done Earth Science in first year).

The course is well balanced, you don't get any options i n your first two years, so you have to do both human, and physical geography, which can be quite boring at times, if you prefer one to the other. Although you do pick up a fair amount of knowledge even from the stuff which you hate.

I think (can be corrected if wrong) that Glasgow is one of the best for physical geography, although i think Edinburgh is slightly better.

The majority of lectures are excellent, they have a wealth of experience in their field, and most of them ensure that you understand any of the theories.

Latter years in Geography, you've got plenty of opportunities to do field trips/drinking session, i went to Swansea at the end of second year, and while it might not sound exciting, it was excellent. I'm also going to Spain at Easter for field work

Your quite likely to get a job with your degree

Negatives

I have a lecture at 9 every day :angry:

Fudge will be able to add some stuff as well, as he's just finished his degree.

I think someone here does Geography at Aberdeen as well.

Going to have a very busy Christmas period unfortunately :(

3 exams starting two weeks today to be studied for; including one course which right now I would get 0% in an exam due to the shocking state of the lecturer's notes, his boring lectures and stupid exam layout; hoping someone understands what to do during it because noone I've spoken to can yet.

A report due in a week on Friday on a Stability analysis of a Fokker27 which required writing a number of Excel spreadsheets and computer code which as yet isn't finished.

A project plan due for Friday for the 2nd year group I'm managing but will only meet for first time tomorrow.

A literature review for my Fourth Year project for some time early January and a presentation to be given at same time. This could be either 3000 words or 10000 depending who you talk to.

A proficiency assessment on a FAE program that thankfully has been postponed till after New Year after someone complained to the Head of Department!

As well as applying for a placement somewhere during the Summer and somewhere where I can do my final year project in next year

3 exams starting two weeks today to be studied for; including one course which right now I would get 0% in an exam due to the shocking state of the lecturer's notes, his boring lectures and stupid exam layout; hoping someone understands what to do during it because noone I've spoken to can yet.

A report due in a week on Friday on a Stability analysis of a Fokker27 which required writing a number of Excel spreadsheets and computer code which as yet isn't finished.

A project plan due for Friday for the 2nd year group I'm managing but will only meet for first time tomorrow.

A literature review for my Fourth Year project for some time early January and a presentation to be given at same time. This could be either 3000 words or 10000 depending who you talk to.

A proficiency assessment on a FAE program that thankfully has been postponed till after New Year after someone complained to the Head of Department!

As well as applying for a placement somewhere during the Summer and somewhere where I can do my final year project in next year

Aeronuatics is it?

Thing about Literature reviews are that they will be as long as a piece of string. If your project is building on an extensive body of work expect to have a longer, more exhaustive Lit. review.

What is it your doing at HW?

Civil/Structural Engineering, its mostly just Tech Studies and Maths just now which I enjoy :)

I know how you feel with that one, got History of the Built environment, better described as a history of architecture, mixed with art :huh:

No idea what she talks about and by looking at the past paper I knew what one of the words it was asking about was.... (still didn't know what it was)

Seriously though it's the same for most people in a class of 200+ your lucky if 50 people go to the lectures, as it is that shit.

Civil/Structural Engineering, its mostly just Tech Studies and Maths just now which I enjoy :)

I know how you feel with that one, got History of the Built environment, better described as a history of architecture, mixed with art :huh:

No idea what she talks about and by looking at the past paper I knew what one of the words it was asking about was.... (still didn't know what it was)

Seriously though it's the same for most people in a class of 200+ your lucky if 50 people go to the lectures, as it is that shit.

Pffft, fucking piss artists, particularly the civil side - calling that engineering is a fucking stretch ;)

Two of my best mates did that course, was well jealous when they got to go to Barcelona for a week, to check out the architecture as part of the history of the built environment course, so don't diss it entirely.

Pffft, fucking piss artists, particularly the civil side - calling that engineering is a fucking stretch ;)

Two of my best mates did that course, was well jealous when they got to go to Barcelona for a week, to check out the architecture as part of the history of the built environment course, so don't diss it entirely.

Dunno why it's called engineering personally :lol:

We've already been to Manchester, was total shit apart from Man City tour, then we went to Old Trafford in a break, but I had the best night of my life there going to the Hilton where Ronaldo and such like stay ;) met a high class hooker and saw JLS for free :lol:

Aeronuatics is it?

Thing about Literature reviews are that they will be as long as a piece of string. If your project is building on an extensive body of work expect to have a longer, more exhaustive Lit. review.

Yip, Aeronautical Engineering at Glasgow

My supervisor is a cool guy and has approved of everything I have done so far so not envisaging much problems with lit rev apart from the tedium of writing it

Somehow just got this finished after just getting calculations finished yesterday; 9000 words in the end which is about 5000 more than I had planned for

Surprisingly for an aircraft that has been flying for over 50 years it is stable <_<

Edited by Jack Donaghy