Top Gear

Eh?

Plethora -superabundance, excess.

Or at least that is my impression any time I'm in your neck of the woods, and a lot of them seem to drive small Fiats!

(OK, Puntos rather than Unos, but a bit of poetic licence, eh?)

Plethora -superabundance, excess.

Or at least that is my impression any time I'm in your neck of the woods, and a lot of them seem to drive small Fiats!

(OK, Puntos rather than Unos, but a bit of poetic licence, eh?)

I know what plethora means.

Can't say that Thornton is particularly bad for neds driving suped-up motors to be perfectly honest.

5th Gear is turgid shit. If you want a car review then go buy What Car? or Autoexpress. Or visit a multitude of car websites. Top Gear is entertainment. End of. It's not meant to be taken seriously.

Spot on.

Top Gear is about seeing cars none of us can afford and a few laughs on the way. In that respect it ticks every box.

P.S

Had to add this, it was my 40th birthday 2 weeks back, Mrs Soze got me a Ferrari track day at Knockhill. :thumsup2

I get to give it the beans round a race track in a 360 Modeno B)

Spot on.

Top Gear is about seeing cars none of us can afford and a few laughs on the way. In that respect it ticks every box.

P.S

Had to add this, it was my 40th birthday 2 weeks back, Mrs Soze got me a Ferrari track day at Knockhill. :thumsup2

I get to give it the beans round a race track in a 360 Modeno B)

I would be shitting myself in one of those bad boys. I'd go round quicker in my own car, at least I've got a fair idea of its limits!

5th Gear is turgid shit. If you want a car review then go buy What Car? or Autoexpress. Or visit a multitude of car websites. Top Gear is entertainment. End of. It's not meant to be taken seriously.

We've posted on here often enough for you to know I really don't take it seriously,

I just find that, as entertainment, it's all a bit laboured, contrived and predictable. And yes I still watch it, which says a lot about choice on a Sunday evening! ;)

Pfffft, what nonsense. What do you want!? A test drive of a Fiat Uno?

only if they are trying to make it fly like the space shuttle episode. :lol:

the ferrari looked like the batmobile -that'd be brilliant to drive along the M8 at 3am...(3am because to park like usual at any other time I can use my corsa it has a better space to store food and a cup holder which it didnt look like there was in that ferarri.

and, schumacher was great.

I would be shitting myself in one of those bad boys. I'd go round quicker in my own car, at least I've got a fair idea of its limits!

Lifetime ambition Dunc, I'm never going to own a Ferrari unless I win the lottery, and lets face it Raith winning the champions league would give you better odds :lol:

At least this way I get to drive one (albeit for 10 miles or so) so I'm gonna give it the wellie when I do it :D

We've posted on here often enough for you to know I really don't take it seriously,

I just find that, as entertainment, it's all a bit laboured, contrived and predictable. And yes I still watch it, which says a lot about choice on a Sunday evening! ;)

There is hope for you yet. ;)

I look forward to the froggy commie tractor making an appearance at the Recs this coming season. :P

Lifetime ambition Dunc, I'm never going to own a Ferrari unless I win the lottery, and lets face it Raith winning the champions league would give you better odds :lol:

At least this way I get to drive one (albeit for 10 miles or so) so I'm gonna give it the wellie when I do it :D

Do you get somebody to give you a wee run round first, telling you when you should be powering on, braking etc?

It sounds like brilliant banter, bit costly though!

The first person to take on the mantle of The Stig was Perry McCarthy, a former Formula One driver for the Andrea Moda team. He appeared in 22 episodes of the programme, which was relaunched in 2002, but was replaced during the third series after he fell out with producers.

Other drivers to act as The Stig include Julian Bailey, a former Formula One driver for Tyrell, who stood in for McCarthy. It is believed that at least four people have appeared on the programme in the role.

Full article here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/article6550528.ece

Do you get somebody to give you a wee run round first, telling you when you should be powering on, braking etc?

It sounds like brilliant banter, bit costly though!

It lasts for about 3 hours or so, the usual healf and safety chat ** Keyser yawns** an instructor takes you round for a few laps in a boy racer car, showing you the braking points etc then you get a few laps in the prancing horse. it is costly, weekend is £290 odd, weekday is £230. I'm doing mine on Wed 2nd sept, on the 3rd we fly out to Zante for 2 weeks B)

There is hope for you yet. ;)

I look forward to the froggy commie tractor making an appearance at the Recs this coming season. :P

The Froggy commie tractor is no more!

I've abandoned Citroen after 17 years.

You'll be horrified by what I've replaced it with! :lol:

And if John Brown continues as our "Manager", the chances of me visiting the Recs are somewhere between slim and none! <_<

Edited by LiviClyde

It lasts for about 3 hours or so, the usual healf and safety chat ** Keyser yawns** an instructor takes you round for a few laps in a boy racer car, showing you the braking points etc then you get a few laps in the prancing horse. it is costly, weekend is £290 odd, weekday is £230. I'm doing mine on Wed 2nd sept, on the 3rd we fly out to Zante for 2 weeks B)

that's actually helluva cheap I thought. I mean unless of course your insurance is separate, I mean suppose you total write it off through no fault of your own -aquaplane into a barrier or what not, roll it etc. or prang it a little -surely on one of those £230 is barely even the excess?

that's actually helluva cheap I thought. I mean unless of course your insurance is separate, I mean suppose you total write it off through no fault of your own -aquaplane into a barrier or what not, roll it etc. or prang it a little -surely on one of those £230 is barely even the excess?

Insurance is included, read all the small print before Mrs Soze paid for it. £230 to sit in a Ferrari is good, £230 to drive around a race track for a few laps is a bargin linkage

Insurance is included, read all the small print before Mrs Soze paid for it. £230 to sit in a Ferrari is good, £230 to drive around a race track for a few laps is a bargain linkage

then it is indeed good value. Except of course you probably have schumacher esque driving skills so its probably not..... :D (unless its schumacher in Australia in 2001)

What are they doing now that the Stig's identity has been reveiled? Are they keeping Schumacher on or did they say on the show they will have a new Stig or whatever. I missed tonights show.

Apologies if this has been mentioned or explained earlier in the thread, too lazy to read through it :P