Nom Nom Nom

Prawn cocktail to start while the kids had melon
Then some roast beef (done in the slow cooker) and a turkey crown. Accompanied by roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, Brussel sprouts, pigs in blankets and Yorkshire puddings.
Dessert is a delicious home made Banoffee pie

IMG_6218.jpg

Homemade stir fry with chicken, chillies, bell peppers, red onions, mini corns, edamame beans, and a coconut milk/beef stock reduction with added Encona Extra Hot Chilli sauce.

Also added coriander, garlic, ground cumin, onion salt, celery salt and hot chilli powder for seasoning (basic salt and pepper as well).

Brawwww.

Anyone ever had their knives professionally sharpened? I have a wee ceramic water wheel thing (manufacturer recommended) but I think it can only do so much. May more for just livening the edge up rather than proper sharpening.

My knives are 12 years old now but they are good and I dont want to part with them. Specially given the cost of replacement.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone ever had their knives professionally sharpened? I have a wee ceramic water wheel thing (manufacturer recommended) but I think it can only do so much. May more for just livening the edge up rather than proper sharpening.

My knives are 12 years old now but they are good and I dont want to part with them. Specially given the cost of replacement.

^^^

Halloweens-Michael-Myers.jpg

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

OT:

We have something like 

Dick-RS75-Regrinding-Machine.jpg

at work. (Older model though)

Use my own Victorinox knives from home in it occasionally.

I am so jealous. I am on some heavy duty pain killers so have no sense of taste. Steak is one thing I won’t touch until I have my taste back fully. Looks superb.

12oz fillets from my local butcher, they were tremendous. Hopefully you’ll be back to full health in the new year.

30 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
2 hours ago, Derek Patterson said:
Pumpkin Katsu Curry from Japan Street Food in Paisley. 
Delightful.

Got a bag of tortillas and some offensively hot salsa for later on.

IMG_20181231_200857_057.thumb.JPG.ace88cc4a61a49eb8cd15cb16fb6f425.JPG
IMG_20181231_201036_039.thumb.JPG.7946db1f3c878eb84d6f834a4c8e2baf.JPG

where did you get the salsa? i need to try that

Lupe Pinto on Great Western Road in Glasgow. They have loads of Mrs Renfros stuff. There's actually a Carolina Reaper one that's hotter than this.

https://www.renfrofoods.com/collections/salsa

Edited by Derek Patterson