Nom Nom Nom

13 hours ago, 101 said:

Some wood Pigeon tonight with Chorizo and a red wine and berry reduction. Nae pictures sadly but it was excellent if I do say so myself.

That sounds excellent.  Not had wood pigeon in a long, long time; is it easily acquired?

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That sounds excellent.  Not had wood pigeon in a long, long time; is it easily acquired?

A good butcher should have it or be able to get it for you. Can't beat it in Spring time it's a bit tougher later in the year imo.

I have had it from Woodmill Game and Castle Game but both are probably a bit far from you.

ETA just had a look and you can get Woodmill game to deliver and they have some cracking stuff and it's freezable

Edited by 101

18 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

The market down the road from us had the fishmonger in yesterday so langoustine and mussel paella last night, absolutely delicious (forgot to take pictures)

Also made some stock with the langoustine shells, any recommendations what to use it in?

Fennel goes really well with shellfish stocks. Goes well with seafood in general tbh.

Risotto (as mentioned) sounds good.

Smoked haddock might just overpower everything. I'd use seared scallops if you can get them.

The roccbox does look good. Honestly can't remember why I went for the ooni but it was probably the extra money.

Bit the bullet and went and bought one, now have to try perfect/practice a dough recipe. do you have a go to? I've downloaded an app for quantities/hydration levels etc and to be honest I've not got a clue

I just want to eat paesano standard pizzas which may be a tad ambitious [emoji846]

18 minutes ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Bit the bullet and went and bought one, now have to try perfect/practice a dough recipe. do you have a go to? I've downloaded an app for quantities/hydration levels etc and to be honest I've not got a clue

I just want to eat paesano standard pizzas which may be a tad ambitious emoji846.png

Use 00 flour. Other than that I use the most basoc of recipes. 500g flour, 300ml water, pack of yeast and 10g of salt. 

Iv fucked about with hydration levels etc but find myself back at the stsrt. 

If you want to really inprove your crust, you need to get into malkng ferments, making your dpugh 2 or 3 days in advance etc

I've got 10-14 days until delivery, the family will be sick of pizza by time the oven arrives
Theres lots of trial and error with it as you would expect. Just use it and enjoy it. The pizzas are insanely good and considering you are going from scratch, really not a great deal of effort

I slightly different meal last night, I was planning tuna steaks and stir fry, tasted the stir fry and thought needs some chilies so get the jar out started sprinkling before realising it wasn't a sprinkling lid and in fact was just a flip top. In the word of the captain "Absolute fucking disaster"

I had maybe 10 forkfuls before giving up and eating the tuna steaks on their own. Before washing it down with a vegan chocolate milkshake.

IMG_20210414_195911.jpg

Barbecue tonight, chicken breast with tikka, one with asian bbq, and one with alabame white sauce, some steak, and barbecued courgette and pak choy dressed in garlic, chilli and lemon oil with feta.

Magic.

Tomorrows smoking session has been upgraded from brisket to include pork ribs and a whole duck