Nom Nom Nom

22 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Had my Mum down this morning, and she took with her the essentials from Deas in Muir of Ord. Very much looking forward to having these later. Fairly sure County fans spoke highly of them. 

As for the tattie scones, something I never thought about making, they look tremendous @Cosmic Joe

On another note, for those London based, this looks like it will be opening in Angel towards the end of August https://auldhag.co.uk/ so you could feasibly go for your roll and sausage, before a short walk to the Scottish Stores for a pint of Vitamin T

20230724_125434.jpg

One pie, who eats one pie?

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I don't think there's any need for that. I've got feelings you know and I can think of about half a dozen that are probably fatter than me on here. They're the ones you should go after.

Paging Corpulent Wilson…

16 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Garlic butter, steak lorne, raw brown onion and mayonnaise.

First try. Won't be last.

Edited by Venti

7 hours ago, stimpy said:

Went to 5 Guys the other day for the first time and it was pretty amazing. IMG_20230721_135201.thumb.jpg.d2c3e7cd7add355c416d9b51b4005427.jpg

An expensive way to buy a burger, but they are good. Unlke McDs where you usually (or at least I do) leave feeling as if you have not eaten anything.

14 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

An expensive way to buy a burger, but they are good. Unlke McDs where you usually (or at least I do) leave feeling as if you have not eaten anything.

That’s why I always go for a Big Mac meal plus two cheese burgers plus the bairn’s leftovers.

I don't really get the point of these stacked up burgers. For me they are not fit for purpose if they need an extra long cocktail stick to hold them together. 

Why not flatten a larger burger in a bigger roll, with all the relish, gherkins etc. Much easier to eat. Can be served with chips. 

I might open up a Larry David style spite place next to these McDonalds and Five Lads places. 

I do enjoy a 5guys burger they are by far the best of the fast food burgers and so far ahead of McD, BK etc 

The first time i tried one was in Poughkeepsie NY, had never heard of the place, had a Double cheese bacon with grilled onions and by f**k it was good also only $8 or so, none have ever achieved that same taste sensation as that first one or the price 

In Aviemore last week i had a burger in one of the restaurants there and it was £16.50 for a crap beef and some chedder along with oven chips much rather a 5 guys/bread meats bread over those rip offs any day 

A fish platter for dinner last night including lobster from the Lobster Shack in Crail - for anyone who has not tried it I would highly recommend it.  Kept some of the tail meat for Mac and Cheese tonight, wonderful flavour.

7 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

bread meats bread 

Only ever ate here once but it was tremendous. Supposedly very hit and miss though, glad I got it on a good day.

Edited by Derry Alli

13 hours ago, superwell87 said:

Opposite for me - I leave feeling there is a big mass in my stomach.  The fries are often a joke, mushy pish.  Burger King easily the better of the 2 when it comes to low-end burger joints. 

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Only ever ate here once but it was tremendous. Supposedly very hit and miss though, glad I got it on a good day.

It's very good when you hit it on a good day which used to be every time but since they expanded standard seemed to have dropped, I had an awful one on Lothian road Edinburgh and had to send it back was just a cremated mess 

El pero negro on the other hand has always been fantastic, the one in the new St James centre in Edinburgh was equally as good as the woodlands Glasgow shop highly recommend

10 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

I do enjoy a 5guys burger they are by far the best of the fast food burgers and so far ahead of McD, BK etc 

A good bit pricier than McDs and BK though so it should be a good bit better. 

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Opposite for me - I leave feeling there is a big mass in my stomach.  The fries are often a joke, mushy pish.  Burger King easily the better of the 2 when it comes to low-end burger joints. 

Burger King are without a doubt the better of the two.