Nom Nom Nom

19 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Certainly makes a change from making jam so would be very interested in giving it a go. There's still plenty of the things on the plants and I've got more in the freezer that I picked last week.

The easy alternative to fucking about with water without the aid of a hydro meter is to take as much strawberry juice as you can get then top it up with supermarket apple juice. As long aa it's real apple juice, from concentrate even, its packed with fermentable sugar. If you Google turbo cider (its named based on speed of fermentation, not cos its stinking bam juice) you will find loads of advice. 

On the whole though its very easy to make and carb up in bottles giving you a cheap and delicious summer beverage

The side of salmon I got for 20 notes which I intended to smoke myself has showed up. Except it's already been smoked. A whole side of smoked salmon for 20 quid seems like a very good price even if it's not what I actually wanted

31 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

15936987526328492406991025918244.thumb.jpg.b8756fee13682bfb9a88c1e5e0961461.jpg

Stick yer salmon etc. up yer arse. Real food! 

Healthy as well. 'Natural Colouring', 'No added MSG' & suitable for veggies.

On 01/07/2020 at 14:09, Rizzo said:

My strawberry plants seems to have gone a bit mental. Not sure what to do with them all as I've still got jam from last year.

20200628_113827.jpg

Do as I did and turn them into the culinary equivalent of Philpy’s trainers.

BFDC498D-EACA-4FC5-876A-635C20A974DF.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Presentation not my strong point and my rage at not being able to get samphire is a genuine first world problem.... But tonights lango ravioli nevertheless

20200702_200150.jpeg

Witchetty grubs on top for garnish.

MV5BMDQ4ZWE2MGQtNTkwYi00Y2Q5LWE0MTItNGZm

Just picked up my latest batch of aquatic goodies.  2 Monkfish tails, 2 good sized lobsters and a brill Brill.  Lobsters currently "sleeping" in my freezer along with the Monkfish.  Will make a jigsaw of the Brill later today and enjoy a home-made fish supper tomorrow.  Happy omega 3 days.

P1030778.JPG

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

Just picked up my latest batch of aquatic goodies.  2 Monkfish tails, 2 good sized lobsters and a brill Brill.  Lobsters currently "sleeping" in my freezer along with the Monkfish.  Will make a jigsaw of the Brill later today and enjoy a home-made fish supper tomorrow.  Happy omega 3 days.

P1030778.JPG

Good size claws on that lobster in the middle.

2 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

I struggled to get that lobster into its "sleeping bag".  But a veritable beanfeast of fishy things over the next week.  

Never bother with the freezer method & lobsters. As Anthony Bourdain said they're just a "stupid big bug".

On 01/07/2020 at 14:09, Rizzo said:

My strawberry plants seems to have gone a bit mental. Not sure what to do with them all as I've still got jam from last year.

20200628_113827.jpg

Stick them on a pizza.  Seems to be acceptable round here these days.

1 minute ago, Slenderman said:

Never bother with the freezer method & lobsters. As Anthony Bourdain said they're just a "stupid big bug".

Just trying to follow the humane (?) practices to minimise the distress to ma denner.  If anyone can suggest a better way, other than boiling them alive, then i'm open to try alternatives.

Cheers