Nom Nom Nom

There's a very good David Foster Wallace essay about the ethics of killing/eating lobster. Don't know if the below is an abridged version or not but may be worth a read.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.columbia.edu/~col8/lobsterarticle.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjn8pLbhLPqAhVRUxUIHdvNDXAQFjANegQICxAB&usg=AOvVaw2FOaYc0bNbBlcxCMNsw1ws
It's not bad, doesnt help me draw any meaningful conclusions though.

I will say one thing though.... I think the potentially painful death of a lobster after a life in the ocean is preferable and more norally justifiable to the possibly painless death of a battery hen living in it's own shit.

8 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Worth a go if you've not tried them.

We got a load of freebies in work and I thought they were awful. It seems there's no middle ground with the opinions I've seen. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

We got a load of freebies in work and I thought they were awful. It seems there's no middle ground with the opinions I've seen. 

They certainly didn't give me a "Lorne Sausage & Brown Sauce" taste, more of a tomato sauce crisps kinda taste, but they were Mackie's. Always well cooked and thick cut (sounds like some of the wild posters on here) but i liked them.  Each to their own, buddy.

10 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

To me they tasted like someone had just blended some bacon flavouring and tomato sauce flavouring. Nothing distinctly lorne or brown sauce about them.

16 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Thankfully now in multipacks

snapshotimagehandler_1955615803.jpeg?h=5

I sat through a whole bag of those Jalapeño and cheese ones a couple of weeks ago. 🙄😂 Easy done. My arse hates them though...

45 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I sat through a whole bag of those Jalapeño and cheese ones a couple of weeks ago. 🙄😂 Easy done. My arse hates them though...

The Jalapeño ones are in my top 5 in the other thread. The peri-peri ones are amazing too.

2nd attempt at bread, looks much better this time, bigger score on the top seems to have fixed the 'blow out' from last time.
Some homemade pork and chorizo rolls as well (shop bought pastry tho). IMG_20200705_163145.jpg

Today's mega bag just arrived straight from the boat.  Got about 6 monkfish tails, 2 clams and a basin full of riverdancing lobsters.  Freezer room at a premium, so my neighbours will be enjoying fresh decent fish dishes over the next day or two.

20200710_103113.jpg

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

Today's mega bag just arrived straight from the boat.  Got about 6 monkfish tails, 2 clams and a basin full of riverdancing lobsters.  Freezer room at a premium, so my neighbours will be enjoying fresh decent fish dishes over the next day or two.

20200710_103113.jpg

*Rick Stein has entered the chat*

6 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

*Rick Stein has entered the chat*

It's quite unnerving to go into the kitchen & there's wee splashes and air bubbles coming from your wash basin.  1 big fellae seems to be trying to be the escape leader, but, just like the rest, he'll have his claws banded & will have a calming  cryogenic experience this afternoon.  May they travel to the dinner plate next lobster world peacefully.