Nom Nom Nom

I wasn't that impressed by Six by Nico a couple of months back tbf, although when you factor in the price for the food alone it is pretty good I suppose. 

Got myself some whetstones the other day and it is one of the best purchases I have ever made. Getting a tomato out to slice through it like butter is one of the most satisfying things you can do 

I wasn't that impressed by Six by Nico a couple of months back tbf, although when you factor in the price for the food alone it is pretty good I suppose. 
Got myself some whetstones the other day and it is one of the best purchases I have ever made. Getting a tomato out to slice through it like butter is one of the most satisfying things you can do 
I use one of they wee water wheel things on my knives. I'm terrified that if I try to do anything cleverer than that il f**k them up.

Have considered getting someone professional to freshen them up for me. They are 15 years old so they owe me nothing but I'm fucked if I want the bill to replace them.

4 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I’ve had it sitting since Xmas and only just bought gas for it. Will be relying on you for your recipes.

Sky is the limit for recipes but I increasingly keep it simple. 

Caputo brand flour. Don't look past it. Either the Pizza one or the Nuvola one. It's miles better than even premium sort of pasts flour brands. 

Also, fior Di latte is the best cheese to use. I buy mine locally but a lot of folk use a mob called adimaria. They do all the essential Italian stuff and fior Di latte freezes really well. 

3 hours ago, mathematics said:

I’ve had it sitting since Xmas and only just bought gas for it. Will be relying on you for your recipes.

Download the pizzApp it'll give you accurate quantities with all factors considered, yeast type, room or cold fermentation, room temp 

I usually aim for 240-250g per hall 

Great fun and and infuriating all at the same time 

Download the pizzApp it'll give you accurate quantities with all factors considered, yeast type, room or cold fermentation, room temp 

I usually aim for 240-250g per hall 

Great fun and and infuriating all at the same time 
Yeah it's good that. And does the sums for making a poolish if you have time too which is worth it.

27 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m getting one of these. In terms of transporting it in a carry case, how long does it take to cool down after use before I can pack it away again?

Hmmmmm..... I cant say I've ever paid a huge amount of attention to that, but I think it would be ok to put away within the hour, but I might be overegging that. The outer skin is cool pretty quick, the stone obviously holds heat a bit longer but I imagine the case will be at least partially heat resistant? Next time I use it il try to keep an eye and get a better idea

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hmmmmm..... I cant say I've ever paid a huge amount of attention to that, but I think it would be ok to put away within the hour, but I might be overegging that. The outer skin is cool pretty quick, the stone obviously holds heat a bit longer but I imagine the case will be at least partially heat resistant? Next time I use it il try to keep an eye and get a better idea

Cheers. I’m in a flat so ideally during summer would take it out to local parks etc to use, but wouldn’t be able to if it can’t be touched for hours after usage.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Cheers. I’m in a flat so ideally during summer would take it out to local parks etc to use, but wouldn’t be able to if it can’t be touched for hours after usage.

Its definitely not that long. Can say that for certain. I guess if you were taking the time to take it out somewhere, you wouldn't be looking to rush about or be pushed for time anyway, on that basis id say its definitely not a time thats going to bother you. 

Honestly can't stress enough how good these pizzas are like. Top notch. 

21 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

We’ve got an Ooni and it takes about an hour or so sitting outside. Generally by the time we’ve finished our pizza, tidied up etc. and had a glass of wine it’s good to move inside. This is me moving it by holding the metal also. Be aware that if you grab it too early it will burn you very quickly, I’ve got a big scar on my leg from touching it for literally a second. 

1 minute ago, Netan Sansara said:

We’ve got an Ooni and it takes about an hour or so sitting outside. Generally by the time we’ve finished our pizza, tidied up etc. and had a glass of wine it’s good to move inside. This is me moving it by holding the metal also. Be aware that if you grab it too early it will burn you very quickly, I’ve got a big scar on my leg from touching it for literally a second. 

Canny mind if I posted about it at the time, I knocked mine off the table once when it was on, and instinctively went to catch it. I did burn my hand but realised and elt go quick enough to avoid a deep burn.... But aye, some fucking heat 😂