Nom Nom Nom

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Aye I keep meaning to buy pecorino, mainly to have a stab at a cacio e pepe

Ah now you're talking. In the same trip see if they have pici for the cacio e pepe. If not, the thickest spaghetti you can find. It's an outstanding pasta dish. 

On 29/10/2022 at 11:41, jimbaxters said:

Ah now you're talking. In the same trip see if they have pici for the cacio e pepe. If not, the thickest spaghetti you can find. It's an outstanding pasta dish. 

Pici is outstanding. I don’t think I’d had it too often before, but on holiday in Tuscany it seemed to be served with everything. Unbelievably good for ragu. 

On 27/10/2022 at 19:03, Bairnardo said:

Massive Italian love in at my house this weather. Probably thanks to Stanley Tucci tbh. Had carbonara tonight which I genuinely feel I have finally nailed down properly, and also cooking a Sugo D'Anatra for the weekend.

3 hour simmer of duck legs in a white wine/stock/tomato sauce with cinnamon and orange.

How cool is Stanley Tucci? The episode in Piedmont had me looking up flights. The brothers cooking risotto looked unreal. 

I do the cooking at home. I like to pretend it’s because Mrs Mathematics wants to tear me away from my sums, but I know she’s just a lazy b*****d.

Anyway, she’s decent at telling me what she wants. Tonight, she wanted beans on potato waffles on toast.

After we have this, we’ll probably do the Soulja boy dance in the living room.

Soulja Boy GIF by Verzuz

0BF586B7-73F1-4AFE-8AA4-8097731A74D3.jpeg

40 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I do the cooking at home. I like to pretend it’s because Mrs Mathematics wants to tear me away from my sums, but I know she’s just a lazy b*****d.

Anyway, she’s decent at telling me what she wants. Tonight, she wanted beans on potato waffles on toast.

Soulja Boy GIF by Verzuz

0BF586B7-73F1-4AFE-8AA4-8097731A74D3.jpeg

Carbs³

200.gif
0BF586B7-73F1-4AFE-8AA4-8097731A74D3.thumb.jpeg.6eec9577548d5dc4a5d824f0d875ae6c.jpeg
You haven't buttered that toast you absolute fucking.......

Just go.

No, just FUCKING......GO!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Just go.

I was thinking it's crying out for a fried egg.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just go.

Putting butter on toast when you’re then putting beans on is deviant behaviour.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

The obvious typo is a reflection of your rage.  I’d imagine most folk would not butter toast before adding beans.

Butter goes fantastically well with tomato sauce and I refuse to believe there are people who think otherwise. 

On 29/10/2022 at 11:34, jimbaxters said:

Fair enough.

When you do, see if you can get a wee bit of pecorino and go half and half with that and the parmigiano. Makes a difference.

Sacrilege to say this for an Italian recipe but 50% Manchego (which is Spanish) and 50% parmigiano is my preferred cheese mix for a carbonara .