Nom Nom Nom

3 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Butter on bread gives me the boak.

3 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Butter on bread plus jam gives me the super boak.

This isnt a judgement, but it categorically proves you as the wild outlier here and your opinion will be disregarded as such. 

I trust you understand. 

2 hours ago, mathematics said:

I do the cooking at home. I like to pretend it’s because Mrs Mathematics wants to tear me away from my sums, but I know she’s just a lazy b*****d.

Anyway, she’s decent at telling me what she wants. Tonight, she wanted beans on potato waffles on toast.

After we have this, we’ll probably do the Soulja boy dance in the living room.

Soulja Boy GIF by Verzuz

0BF586B7-73F1-4AFE-8AA4-8097731A74D3.jpeg

Is that really cooking?

Does anyone have a good recipe for a Korma or similar style curry? Made one at the weekend that was good, but nothing special. 

The best curry I’ve made at home is the chicken ruby from the Dishoom book, and I’m trying to nail down a korma that gives a similar level of satisfaction (I.e. tastes like I’ve bought it from an Indian)

Does anyone have a good recipe for a Korma or similar style curry? Made one at the weekend that was good, but nothing special. 
The best curry I’ve made at home is the chicken ruby from the Dishoom book, and I’m trying to nail down a korma that gives a similar level of satisfaction (I.e. tastes like I’ve bought it from an Indian)
If you can be fucked making the base sauce, Dan Toombs recipe is excellent

Eta, base sauce is the key to tasting like it came from the Indian and can be used in basically all the curries, so if you are into curries, it's well worth an hour or so of your time as one batch will serve well over a dozen curries

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If you can be fucked making the base sauce, Dan Toombs recipe is excellent

Eta, base sauce is the key to tasting like it came from the Indian and can be used in basically all the curries, so if you are into curries, it's well worth an hour or so of your time as one batch will serve well over a dozen curries

That’s exactly what I’m looking for cheers.  I do something similar with the makhani sauce from dishoom so happy to spend a couple of hours at the weekend making up a big batch of it. Cheers. 

15 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

That’s exactly what I’m looking for cheers.  I do something similar with the makhani sauce from dishoom so happy to spend a couple of hours at the weekend making up a big batch of it. Cheers. 

Hes got a few books. I can recommend the Curry Guy Bible one. Its an amalgamation of his best gear. Excellent stuff. His pakora is fucking ace, among others. Iv a list as long as my arm of stuff I'm wanting to try.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hes got a few books. I can recommend the Curry Guy Bible one. Its an amalgamation of his best gear. Excellent stuff. His pakora is fucking ace, among others. Iv a list as long as my arm of stuff I'm wanting to try.

The chasni is on my list to attempt. I only one of the takeaways in my area does it, but I want to try making it myself. 

19 minutes ago, philpy said:

The chasni is on my list to attempt. I only one of the takeaways in my area does it, but I want to try making it myself. 

Of the ones I have made, it's the closest (although they all are) to curry house version. It's absolutely superb and once you have the base sauce, effortless and takes about 10 minutes at the most. 

1 hour ago, Netan Sansara said:

I’m a big fan of this weighty number.

image.jpg

9 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I mean, that’s literally one of the lightest pieces of evidence to put before the judge. That’s Salmond enquiry light in comparison so some of the things I post.

Better its checked just to be on the safe side though.

Anyway, back on topic - It’s quite likely I’ll be having the mixed grill in about 45 mins.

Edited by 8MileBU

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Should have really got a photo, just had beer battered scallops, squid and Prawns with homemade lemon and pepper mayo.

This will be followed later by duck risotto with a red wine, balsamic and blackberry reduction and parmesan cream emoji39.png

Chuck some dill over that Fritto Misto.