Nom Nom Nom

Re my 'roll on square sausage' from this morning:

Obviously I put it in the actual roll. Yes, brown sauce and butter on top and bottom. The other roll in the bottom of the shot was a bacon(unsmoked) roll (three rashers, no sauce).

Both sausage and bacon were grilled.

20230819_103908.thumb.jpg.0e13abeb3b21968e12b75a3721a18e64.jpg

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

It's mental considering we live on an island.

There are a couple of smokies shacks in Arbroath that are worth visiting. These are tiny wee huts but have fresh caught smokies that are top quality fish (fish that are sold pretty much fresh from the sea, nothing added to them and usually from that morning).

Aye there's plenty wee niche places like that selling quality local gear, but the standard supermarket in Scotland has no fish counter and is instead peddling vac packed river cobbler from a mega polluted harbour in fucking Vietnam or a pack of 8 day old prawns that were force grown in a Venezualan ditch. Its horrendous. 

I blame reverse snobbery in this instance. Its not cool to like good seafood. 

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye there's plenty wee niche places like that selling quality local gear, but the standard supermarket in Scotland has no fish counter and is instead peddling vac packed river cobbler from a mega polluted harbour in fucking Vietnam or a pack of 8 day old prawns that were force grown in a Venezualan ditch. Its horrendous. 

I blame reverse snobbery in this instance. Its not cool to like good seafood. 

Morrisons (at least the one in Dundee) had a decent fish counter.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Had. Morrisons cut them back like everyone else. 

I was at Morrisons on Wednesday and the counter still looked decent (even in the evening there was fresh fish out in the ice). Maybe they'll cut it back like other stores though.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I was at Morrisons on Wednesday and the counter still looked decent (even in the evening there was fresh fish out in the ice). Maybe they'll cut it back like other stores though.

They have been fairly public about it. They're the least worst of the big supermarkets but they all hacked back the counter offerings claiming to be "reacting to what shoppers want". Its all just part of the offer less and charge more racket they are all in on together tbh. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

They have been fairly public about it. They're the least worst of the big supermarkets but they all hacked back the counter offerings claiming to be "reacting to what shoppers want". Its all just part of the offer less and charge more racket they are all in on together tbh. 

Aye sounds right. Bunch if cuntos. Although Morrisons do have one of the best beer offerings among the big supermarkets (only Sainsburys can match them in my view).

Aye sounds right. Bunch if cuntos. Although Morrisons do have one of the best beer offerings among the big supermarkets (only Sainsburys can match them in my view).

Shelbyville with that lemon tree.

Prefer the turnip tree.

…and with that, a mighty cheer went up from the heroes of Shelbyville. They had banished that awful lemon tree forever. Because it was haunted

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Hide contents

Obviously I put it in the actual roll. Yes, brown sauce and butter on top and bottom. The other roll in the bottom of the shot was a bacon(unsmoked) roll (three rashers, no sauce).

They look gid rolls. Roughies?

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Jealous. I fucking love seafood and the poor availability thereof in this country is a fucking disgrace

This might be relevant to your interests if you have a big accumulator come in: 

News bites

The Edinburgh restaurant space of the late Paul Kitching, has a new custodian. Stuart Ralston, chef-owner of Aizle, Noto and Tipo in the Scottish capital, is opening a 28-cover restaurant in what was Kitching’s 21212. Lyla, which opens on 6 October, will offer a £145, 10-course seafood tasting menu. The bedrooms, which are part of the site, will continue to be run by Paul Kitching’s wife, Katie O’Brien.

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

This might be relevant to your interests if you have a big accumulator come in: 

News bites

The Edinburgh restaurant space of the late Paul Kitching, has a new custodian. Stuart Ralston, chef-owner of Aizle, Noto and Tipo in the Scottish capital, is opening a 28-cover restaurant in what was Kitching’s 21212. Lyla, which opens on 6 October, will offer a £145, 10-course seafood tasting menu. The bedrooms, which are part of the site, will continue to be run by Paul Kitching’s wife, Katie O’Brien.

Oh ya fucker. I would love that, but it would probably be 9 seafood courses too many for the wife. 

17 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Hide contents

Washed down with a big mug of tea of course.