Nom Nom Nom

Just back from dinner with the family. Had a starter of scallops on black pudding with beetroot salsa, followed by smoked haddock and more black pudding wrapped in prosciuto on crushed potatoes and green beans. The main was without question the best dish I've ever had in a restaurant, just sublime.

I'm attempting to make this myself right now. Fingers crossed...

I just made me and the burd chicked stuffed with black pudding and wrapped in parma ham, home made roast spuds, veg and gravy.

Some mackies ice cream after it

Wot a feast!

I just cracked open a wee sneaky can for a cozy night of tv.

DONE!

Went down stairs to get my Galaxy I put in the fridge earlier because it was melting. Opened the door and seen a big block of cheese and thought "Roll and cheese!"

Opened the cupboard where the rolls are and there were only 2 left and I was left with the choice of, roll and cheese now or my lunch tomorrow. I hesitated, so I opened the other cupboard door and found Digestive biscuits. So right now I am in the middle of eating 4 buttered digestive biscuits and cheese, and then I will swiftly move onto my Galaxy too :D

Made a stir fry today using what I had leftover in my cupboard: sweet potato, garlic, shallots, potato, rice and sambal oelek (Indonesian chilli paste), plus a bit of soy sauce on top. Verdict: a success.

I'm making some pork chops tonight. Haven't decided what to have with them. Fancy something other than just chips but there isn't an awful lot in the fridge. Perhaps mashed potatoes?

Should be braw anyway, I love chops!

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight I'm going to sample the Lidl lasagne of popular lore. On cutting it looked pretty dry, there'd better be a shitload of béchamel or I will not be amused. Served with potato wedges and dips, probably Caesar and sweet chilli.

Edited by vikingTON