Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Exactly! You'd expect it to have the ultimate item, given it's the ultimate Pokémon. <_<

Brilliant! Cheers.

Quality stuff, cheers. :)

I don't know if it will work on my phone, given that it's a touchscreen... I'll try it out later anyway.

I've got the Blackberry Storm and that was my initial thought too. It actually works brilliantly! I clicked "show keyboard" and then "full screen" so I could set the buttons as if it was a normal phone keypad and still see the full screen :D

It's just not the same. It makes it a lot easier. They grow twice as quickly, meaning your original ones fall behind.

The only positive is that you have more of a chance of winning the lottery in Goldenrod.

Fair enough, I know what you mean as my Machoke (or Muscle as the name it was given pre-trade which I can't change mad.gif) does that, although it is only 2 levels above my Typhlosion.

Oh, and Raikou? Yeah, I caught it cool.gifwith the Master Ball...

Edited by Dave

I've got the Blackberry Storm and that was my initial thought too. It actually works brilliantly! I clicked "show keyboard" and then "full screen" so I could set the buttons as if it was a normal phone keypad and still see the full screen :D

Quality. :)

Fair enough, I know what you mean as my Machoke (or Muscle as the name it was given pre-trade which I can't change mad.gif) does that, although it is only 2 levels above my Typhlosion.

Oh, and Raikou? Yeah, I caught it <s>with the Master Ball</s> cool.gif

Raikou was my favourite of the legendary dogs.

Edgarus - My mate was in G-Force today, and he saw the boxes of the games. Maybe you'd need to go in store. He said they were priced at £38.

How cool is Houndoom!

Plan!

I was thinking about what Pokémon I want in my game, and I forgot about that one. I was originally going to go for an Growlithe/Arcanine, but that will be better.

Edit - You can only get Houndours in Kanto, can't you? Damn. Growlithe it is.

Has anyone else seen the new Generation V Pokémon? They've released two. Zorua and Zoroark.

Edited by Smurph

Right, remember i was telling you all that me and the missus were breeding our best pokemon in prep for transfering them to Heartgold from Platinium?

Platinum Squad:(The one i beat the champ with)

Kenshi:(Arcanine)

Tiamat:(Gyarados)

Hudson:(Lucario)

Bahamut:(Giratina MBall)

Electivire:(Traded a Growlithe for an elekid)

Pegasus:(Steelix and longest serving member of the team had her since first badge)

The pokemon ive bred to take over to Heartgold:

Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Squirtle, Mudkip, Charmander, Cynaquil, Torchic, Chimchar, Dratini. Gastly, Bonsly, Female and male raltz, Porygon, Gible, Pikachu coloured pichu, Magby, Igglybuff, Onix w steelcoat, zubat in luxury ball/ soothe bell so i get a crobat right away, Riolu, Eevee x 4, Abra, Beldum, Munchlax, Growlithe, Larvitar, Elekid, Magikarp( spawn of my gyarados).

Some will accuse me of cheating, but these are all pokemon who bred myself or were bred from my girlfriends pokemon and were all obtained truthfully.

Right, remember i was telling you all that me and the missus were breeding our best pokemon in prep for transfering them to Heartgold from Platinium?

Platinum Squad:(The one i beat the champ with)

Kenshi:(Arcanine)

Tiamat:(Gyarados)

Hudson:(Lucario)

Bahamut:(Giratina MBall)

Electivire:(Traded a Growlithe for an elekid)

Pegasus:(Steelix and longest serving member of the team had her since first badge)

The pokemon ive bred to take over to Heartgold:

Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Squirtle, Mudkip, Charmander, Cynaquil, Torchic, Chimchar, Dratini. Gastly, Bonsly, Female and male raltz, Porygon, Gible, Pikachu coloured pichu, Magby, Igglybuff, Onix w steelcoat, zubat in luxury ball/ soothe bell so i get a crobat right away, Riolu, Eevee x 4, Abra, Beldum, Munchlax, Growlithe, Larvitar, Elekid, Magikarp( spawn of my gyarados).

Some will accuse me of cheating, but these are all pokemon who bred myself or were bred from my girlfriends pokemon and were all obtained truthfully.

How are you going to decide which ones to raise? :P

zubat in luxury ball/ soothe bell so i get a crobat right away

That is simply fantastic...

So I take it when you trade it, you'll get a Crobat at level 5? (or 1, I can't remember eggs anymore)

I bought Pokémon Emerald for £3 today. :)

Got a lvl10 Mudkip and a lvl10 Poochyena. Will be playing this relentlessly to satisfy my needs before Friday!

So I take it when you trade it, you'll get a Crobat at level 5? (or 1, I can't remember eggs anymore)

Got a lvl10 Mudkip and a lvl10 Poochyena. Will be playing this relentlessly to satisfy my needs before Friday!

I started my emerald again recently after my data got corrupted, marvellous game.

Also, I'm curious to know how many hours we have spent playing these games. My platinum is sitting at 78 and a bit hours at the moment.

My greatest time so far is Leaf Green where I have played it for over 300 hours. Though to be fair I got it when it first came out and I had never played the originals, infact it was my first game on the game boy (my first ever pokemon game being coloseum on the game cube).

In reply to the person that mentioned breeding, it is very complex, but I think it would be madness if they were to remove it now. Its an integral part of the newer game mechanics, in that pokemon from eggs are stronger in terms of IVs and movepool (they can learn moves they would not otherwise know simply by levelling up).

Also, I'm curious to know how many hours we have spent playing these games. My platinum is sitting at 78 and a bit hours at the moment.

My greatest time so far is Leaf Green where I have played it for over 300 hours. Though to be fair I got it when it first came out and I had never played the originals, infact it was my first game on the game boy (my first ever pokemon game being coloseum on the game cube).

Gold - 8:56 (going to Cianwood to obtain the secretpotion)

Crystal - 0:00 (deleted my game, not started a new one)

Emerald - 3:02 (in Granite Cave)

Pearl - 43:08 (about to start Pokémon League, also in the middle of chasing Mespirit)

HeartGold - 0:00 (will need to wait until Friday!)

Hes at level 7(had to catch him in the luxury) so when he turns into golbat at level 22, he will definetly turn into crobat @ level 23 unless i let him be ko'd 200 times or something. Aslong as everyone has a trustworthy trade partner you can move anything you like to othergames aslong as you have at least 1 badge. Gotta catch a bunch of pointless pokemon tho as you will need them when it comes to trading(have to trade something for something) lux balls are £1000 a pop but when you consider you get +2 happiness when a pokemon gains a level normally and +6 with a lux ball, its definetly worth it.

I go on bulbapedia alot when im trying to decide on a pokemon im considering using. The "pink" pokemon like chansey, jiggypuff and clefairy are greatly underated, blissey, the final evo of chansey has a base health stat of 255 which is max, which means its max health at even lvl 50 will be greater than a legendarys at level 100, now its true it has beyond pathetic attack and defence but its sp def and sp attack are quite good, so one of them with special attacks will be very hard to bring down.

I read a story that at one of the most earliest pokemon competitions a challenger brought nothing but a level 100 chansey with him that knew double edge(that high damage move that takes away some of your health as a cost), softboiled (heals half of your health back), double team to raise evasiveness and subsitute that takes some of your health and creates a copy that the enemy attacks instead. The guy cleaned out everyone and won the competition, even level 100 legendarys couldnt bring this thing down, and if they even got close to half its health he could heal himself with soft boiled since its a perfectly legal move. Another plus is the pinky pokemon need in some cases only 4/5ths or even only 2/3rds of the exp that other pokemon need to reach level 100.

So dont underestimate the poofy looking ones or they might wipe the floor with you.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Got an e-mail today saying my game has been shipped. :D

I got a text from GAME confirming to me that I can go pick it up on Friday. :D

In Emerald (which I'm really enjoying) I have:

24 - Trapinch

28 - Aron

32 - Marshtomp

30 - Mightyena

29 - Vigoroth

It has also came to the attention that I now can "dongle" into my Pearl game. What do I have to do, and what does it actually mean?

I got a text from GAME confirming to me that I can go pick it up on Friday. :D

In Emerald (which I'm really enjoying) I have:

24 - Trapinch

28 - Aron

32 - Marshtomp

30 - Mightyena

29 - Vigoroth

It has also came to the attention that I now can "dongle" into my Pearl game. What do I have to do, and what does it actually mean?

Arons are the fucking bomb, Dongle is the jap name for dual slot mode, you inset your desired catridge(certain pokemon need certain catridges) for example solrock is available in lake verity in pearl if you had a ruby catridge inserted, the said pokemon would have a 8% chance of appearing.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dual-slot_mode

Arons are the fucking bomb, Dongle is the jap name for dual slot mode, you inset your desired catridge(certain pokemon need certain catridges) for example solrock is available in lake verity in pearl if you had a ruby catridge inserted, the said pokemon would have a 8% chance of appearing.

http://bulbapedia.bu.../Dual-slot_mode

Ah. Cheers.

With the dual-slot thing, can I trade Pokémon from my Emerald game into Pearl?