Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Just found an absolute gem of a website.

http://www.filb.de/g.../tools/aikotoba

Enter your trainer number and Gen 4 version and language and it gives you the codes you need to tell to the manny in Jubilfe or Violet City to get new Box wallpapers, and in HG/SS also to get a free egg.

The first egg is a Mareep, but there's another to be revealed in mid April.

I got a mareep egg too, doesnt matter tho, good pokemon to level up. Fantastic Find tho Carbolic

Found one for pokewalker fans:

There are no events currently running in Europe

Upcoming Events

town-map.pngThe Yellow Forest Games Obtainable With: Heart Gold, Soul Silver

Available from: April 2nd 2010 to April 30th 2010

Shareable?: No

This event, accessed over Wi-Fi allows downloads of the special PokéWalker course; Yellow Forest. This course is filled with Pikachu and may give you access to a special Pikachu knowing Fly, Surf & Volt Tackle.

Go with zubat, it learns fly and is much much stronger.

All very well, except i'm not a fan of the aformentioned zubat. Yanma may be an option... can a xatu fly? I like the idea of a Xatu...

What's the best way to catch pokemon in the Safari Zone?

I'm finding it too difficult.

Well food makes them harder to catch but more likely not to flee, while mud makes them easier to catch but more prone to flee, my strategy revolves around how rare the pokemon is, the rarer it gets the less likely ill use mud. i never use food. But then again ive seen myself throw 30 balls at one pokemon.

Well food makes them harder to catch but more likely not to flee, while mud makes them easier to catch but more prone to flee, my strategy revolves around how rare the pokemon is, the rarer it gets the less likely ill use mud. i never use food. But then again ive seen myself throw 30 balls at one pokemon.

I pretty much do this.

New additions: Tentacool, Slowpoke, Magnemite, Hypno, Exeggutor, Gyrados. Pokedex now up to 55.

Good stuff there. You may struggle with mew. :P

Anyways, has anybody got the pokewalker course edge of the night sky?

Good stuff there. You may struggle with mew. :P

Anyways, has anybody got the pokewalker course edge of the night sky?

Can't get Mew in Fire Red or Leaf Green unfortunately :(

I can get Mewtwo but I'll need to get a hold of Pokemon Emerald to get Mew.

Yeah I know, it's a shame.

I have now swapped a few of my pokemon for a bulbasaur and I may start using a jirachi if I can't think of another pokemon to use. If I can't get a fire type, that is.

laugh.gif

Are you all fully grown men?

It is a fucking video game you absolute addlepate. What do people not understand about this?

Anyway, I'm planning to get a DS soon, then buy all the games for them, apart ftom that Mystery Dungeon, I'm not even sure what it is. I sort of fell away from the Pokemon series once the DS was out(I've had every game for the GB and GBA), but I've grown tired of Sapphire after going through it about 100 times, and trying to complete a pokedex gets wearisome.

Im taking a break from the gym battles as im at my 8th badge but i wanna train and to some of the random sidequests, like the ruins of alph etc. Catching unown and the puzzles and also trying to catch the two roaming pokemon, my gengar is my secret weapon for this(Cheers Turbo), with his mean look and hypnosis. Entei is down to litterally 1hp but used roar on me, and raikou is in the red too, gotta find some better pokeballs like dusk balls and such. I think suicine is one you get available to you during the plot as it seems to like being chased.

The squads doing pretty good, my 3 starters(the kanto starters) have all evolved into thier final forms, ive got my gengar and i evolved scyther into scizor then retired him in place of a same leveled espeon i had in platinum who has the pokerus virus(btw i can set up carriers and trade them to anyone). So the teams all infected and getting stronger due to it.

Considering if i catch raikou to have him replace crobat or not(i realised that half my team have a electric/rock weakness and anyone packing a decent electric could cripple me)

Caught 5 unown at the moment and catching the 6th as i type this.

I realised the 3 tshirts the missus got me are pokemon related, 2 were obvious, but the one im wearing today i only noticed not long ago.

shirt_vgc_pokemonblue_mockup_LRG.jpg

Working away at my Dragonair and others before taking on the Elite Four. I want to have a party of 6 lv50s before taking them on. Should be Feraligatr, Nidoking, Dragonair, Pidgeot, Ho-oh plus A.N. Other. If I'm feeling up to it, I might get Dragonair up to lv55 before taking them on so it's a Dragonite. Unfortunately I had completely forgotten about the Guru giving you a Dratini with Extremespeed so this Dragonair doesn't have it (just caught it in the water in the 8th badge side quest).

Might actually evolve one of my Eevees into an Umbreon tonight to give me an anti-Psychic option. I could even wait till tomorrow and get an Espeon as it can still learn Bite.

Working away at my Dragonair and others before taking on the Elite Four. I want to have a party of 6 lv50s before taking them on. Should be Feraligatr, Nidoking, Dragonair, Pidgeot, Ho-oh plus A.N. Other. If I'm feeling up to it, I might get Dragonair up to lv55 before taking them on so it's a Dragonite. Unfortunately I had completely forgotten about the Guru giving you a Dratini with Extremespeed so this Dragonair doesn't have it (just caught it in the water in the 8th badge side quest).

Might actually evolve one of my Eevees into an Umbreon tonight to give me an anti-Psychic option. I could even wait till tomorrow and get an Espeon as it can still learn Bite.

Caught Raikou, i accually yelled "fuckin yass!" when the ball took, Gonna toss a coin to see wether he replaces crobat or not, i like crobat its a good pokemon, its just with the exception of speed and health its good 10-20 points behind the rest of the team currently, i think ill level it and gengar to level 36 before i decide, and judge the stat differances more fairly.

Tips for those trying to catch the legendary dogs (not employed it myself yet because I've not bothered with them despite encountering Entei and Raikou twice each). Get a Wobuffet (special ability Shadow Tag) or a Golbat with Mean Look to stop it escaping. Then get any Pokemon with False Swipes (usually Scythers have it) and bring them down to 1HP. Then bring out a Pokemon with Thunder Wave to Paralyse or a move to put it to Sleep. If it's at night, throw a Dusk Ball (or else an Ultra Ball), and you're really struggling to have a better set of circumstances to catch it.

If you get one of the dogs down to 1HP, Asleep, and use a Dusk Ball, you have just under a 25% of catching it, which is bloody good considering it's a legendary and I remember the old days when I spent a whole day soft-resetting to catch Ho-oh with a bunch of Great/Ultra Balls. My old Gameboy Colour's battery ran out and I was frantic until I found a couple of AA batteries in an electric keyboard and... erm... liberated them!

Edited by Carbolic Smoke Cures Colds

I found my DS which I have barely played since I got it and discovered that I had Pokemon Ruby & Diamond. Ruby is a game that I had previously played on the old Game Boy but to be honest never got into. Is it possible to transfer the Pokemon I had on that game onto Pokemon Diamond? I only have the DS but one is a card thing and the other is a cartridge so there is two spaces.

Any help would be much appreciated.