Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

In addition to my other thread, as we all know to trade Pokemon using the GBA back in the day we needed the Wireless Adaptor that came with LG or FR.

Obviously the DS has built-in Wi-Fi, so can I do trades etc. with my DS using the GBA game without using this adaptor?

In addition to my other thread, as we all know to trade Pokemon using the GBA back in the day we needed the Wireless Adaptor that came with LG or FR.

Obviously the DS has built-in Wi-Fi, so can I do trades etc. with my DS using the GBA game without using this adaptor?

Unfortunately, no. It's a different technology set. One is (I think) Bluetooth and the other Wi-Fi.

That's pretty much the only reason I've kept my GBA and SP.

Unfortunately, no. It's a different technology set. One is (I think) Bluetooth and the other Wi-Fi.

That's pretty much the only reason I've kept my GBA and SP.

Aargh bollocks! For the life of me I can't find my SP, although rather unhelpfully I found the Wireless Adaptor for it. Might need to see if I can borrow a couple from my mates.

Not having played Gold in ages, I think I've ended up playing it the wrong way round...

I think I beat Gym leaders 5 6 and 7 in the order 7,5,6...

I think I've done that before. It doesn't really matter, it just makes the gyms a bit easier.

:lol:

Are you all fully grown men?

Nope.

What does it matter, anyway?

In Mahogany Town, so I'm pretty much right behind Exuberant.

The Pokéwalker is magnificent. I am ridiculously happy by the addition of this. My Growlithe has gain a level walking to school, and I caught a Ponyta going out for lunch with my Growlithe. My Ampharos got a walk home and was delighted. During English, a Geodude appeared from no-where on my Pokéwalker too. There's no real need for one of these, but it's quite cool none the less. I think I'll be taking this to town tomorrow...

I'm enjoying my playthrough of LeafGreen, although found out a couple of hours ago that I need to buy two GBA SPs and a copy of Fire Red. My original plan was to borrow my sister's DS and use my copies of Fire Red and Leaf Green to play through both games and trade between each other to get a full Kanto Pokedex, but then I couldn't find my copy of Fire Red and apparently the DS doesn't support the GBA's Wi-Fi. I can't find my SP either so will need to buy two new ones :(

Anyway, I'm at 29 Pokemon in my Pokedex. I've put over eleven hours in since yesterday morning :lol:

Only just beaten the first gym leader with my level 16 totodile. Other pokemon I have are wobbufet and paras, both of which I caught on the pokewalker.

Also went to the ruins of alph and made a kabuto then used an escape rope at the end of a chamber to open a concealed room. Moving on to azalea town next I believe.

In other news I called my rival Jocky...

Only just beaten the first gym leader with my level 16 totodile. Other pokemon I have are wobbufet and paras, both of which I caught on the pokewalker.

Also went to the ruins of alph and made a kabuto then used an escape rope at the end of a chamber to open a concealed room. Moving on to azalea town next I believe.

In other news I called my rival Jocky...

Called mine douche after that pokemon comic.

The missus ordered me a tshirt from america and im sure readers of this forum will appreciate it,

shirt_ninjabot_magikarp.jpg

Still training my 6 man team, they are all between level 27 and 30, Removed Metang, nidorino and pidgeotto from the team as i wasnt happy with thier preformances, werent dealing enough damage and pidgeotto with the exception of speed was 10 points in every category behind the squad even when he was breifly a few levels higher, Brought in the scyther i aquired during the bug hunt(i find a fucking scyther and the guy who won the prize found a weedle, yes a weedle) Scyther Replaced my nidorino as i wasnt happy with his poor moveset, My deliberately set up zubat replaced pideotto and he evolved into crobat 2 levels after becoming a golbat, and allready he and scyther are my joint strongest members. Eevee has replaced metang and im hoping today i can convince it to evolve into a Espeon(might consider moving it to platinum breifly to evolve it into a glaceon). I evolved a Eevee into a jolteon but im honestly not a big fan of them.

Been using the pokewalker alot too, me and Gall09 walked to the town and back yesterday and i took my steelix along with me, i got 430 watts from the walk and i took my cindaquil with me to the doctors and got another 140 watts. I love that little walker its a brillaint idea.

Current Squad:

Spr_4h_002.pngSpr_4h_005.pngSpr_4h_008.pngSpr_4h_123_m.pngSpr_4h_169.pngSpr_4h_133.png

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

I called my rival Bawjaws.

That t-shirt is amazing... I am jealous.

Going to take me Remoraid to the dentist with me today. I only need a Larvitar, and then I have assembled the squad that I want. I was searching the Safari Zone for one last night for about half an hour, and the b*****d internet tells me it's available only during the morning and day. Should get one, and then I'll be going through the Ice Cave to get to Blackthorn City. :)

I called my rival Bawjaws.

That t-shirt is amazing... I am jealous.

Going to take me Remoraid to the dentist with me today. I only need a Larvitar, and then I have assembled the squad that I want. I was searching the Safari Zone for one last night for about half an hour, and the b*****d internet tells me it's available only during the morning and day. Should get one, and then I'll be going through the Ice Cave to get to Blackthorn City. :)

Im walking about trying to make eevee evolve, i think its close tho

**Update**

Decided to can my eevee and im gonna train a gastly instead, im so used to roms i never consider a gastly anymore since i figure "i cant trade to make it evolve into a gengar" but i can now and i was compairing the two, i had my eevee at level 15 and it was still not evolving so i figure the longer it takes to evolve the weaker an espeon id have, and even tho espeon is stronger than gengar, gengar is immune to normal, fighting and ground attacks which even in spite of it being a slightly weaker pokemon gives it a major advantage as its immune to the 3 main physical attackers, and statistically it has as strong a special attack as espeon and is as quick an attacker, espeon just has slightly better normal defence and moderately better special defence.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Im walking about trying to make eevee evolve, i think its close tho

Do they actually evolve on the Pokéwalker? I was scared to take my Dratini 'cause it's at level 29, and I want it to evolve ASAP.

I may buy a strap for it, and attach it to my right wrist for.. um.. playing tennis.

Edit - Just got my Larvitar there. Yasss! :D

Edited by Smurph

Gengar's are excellent, excellent special attack and they have a great movepool, learning moves such as shadow ball, thunderbolt, psychic, etc so they are useful.

Anyways my squad is looking like this so far:

Croconaw level 18

Flaffy level 16

Wobbufet level 15 (possibly replaced soon)

Paras level 13 (useful for catching wild pokemon)

HootHoot level 11

Do they actually evolve on the Pokéwalker? I was scared to take my Dratini 'cause it's at level 29, and I want it to evolve ASAP.

I may buy a strap for it, and attach it to my right wrist for.. um.. playing tennis.

Edit - Just got my Larvitar there. Yasss! :D

I ment walking around in game lol, you gain happiness for every 256 steps

Gengar's are excellent, excellent special attack and they have a great movepool, learning moves such as shadow ball, thunderbolt, psychic, etc so they are useful.

Anyways my squad is looking like this so far:

Croconaw level 18

Flaffy level 16

Wobbufet level 15 (possibly replaced soon)

Paras level 13 (useful for catching wild pokemon)

HootHoot level 11

Cheers for the advice mate, my gastly is at level 20, when i evolve it to haunter ill trade it to the missus and get it back, im gonna evolve my scyther into a scizor too i think.

Made a brief stop at the Safari Zone in Fuschia City just there. Pokedex now up to 49:

Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur

Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree

Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill

Pidgey, Pidgeotto

Rattata, Raticate

Spearow, Fearow

Sandshrew

Clefairy, Clefable

Zubat, Golbat

Paras, Parasect

Venonat

Diglett

Meowth, Persian

Mankey

Poliwag

Abra, Kadabra

Machop, Machoke

Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel

Geodude, Graveler

Doduo

Gastly

Drowzee

Krabby

Voltorb

Exeggcute

Rhyhorn

Kangaskhan

Goldeen

Pinsir

Magikarp

Snorlax

Thread of epic fail.

Post of epic fail -3 and falling...

Are you all fully grown men?

f**k off ya wee fanny, if you don't like the thread and have nothing decent to say just f**k off.

Anyway...

In anticipation of me getting the game (on Friday) I fired up the original Gold. Have 2 gym badges and team like so:

HootHoot lvl 15

Tentacool lvl 14

Bellsprout lvl 16

Flaafy lvl 16

Think I will go the same in the game except I might go for a pidgey, spearow or natu instead of hoothoot.

Post of epic fail -3 and falling...

f**k off ya wee fanny, if you don't like the thread and have nothing decent to say just f**k off.

Anyway...

In anticipation of me getting the game (on Friday) I fired up the original Gold. Have 2 gym badges and team like so:

HootHoot lvl 15

Tentacool lvl 14

Bellsprout lvl 16

Flaafy lvl 16

Think I will go the same in the game except I might go for a pidgey, spearow or natu instead of hoothoot.

Go with zubat, it learns fly and is much much stronger.

Just found an absolute gem of a website.

http://www.filb.de/games/tools/aikotoba

Enter your trainer number and Gen 4 version and language and it gives you the codes you need to tell to the manny in Jubilfe or Violet City to get new Box wallpapers, and in HG/SS also to get a free egg.

The first egg is a Mareep, but there's another to be revealed in mid April.

Edited by Carbolic Smoke Cures Colds